Hacking What is the best free cfw

MRTMW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading that sx os offer support for 7.0

As a note: SXOS isn't recommended to due TX being a piracy company. Their so-called "emunand" isn't a safe option at all and (may or may have not) people have bricked from it.

Last edited by MRTMW,

PyroGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone knows y this wont take rcm also do i need to update it to 7.0 or leave it on 6.2.0
Stay on 6.2 for now.

It's telling you to update because you don't have the separate update to support exfat cards. This can be installed manually but might be worth waiting till 7.0 is supported by CFW then updating officially before you get started with CFW.

Still can't get into rcm/hekate on either switch? Something must be amiss. Check out: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-all-fw.504012/

There is an android app to that you can try if you don't have a dongle and think your pc is the issue. Also try a fat32 formatted SD card.

Last edited by PyroGoat,

Nononoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Also from what I heard, SciresM wants to create closed source exploit chain (which should work on any FW even on 7.0.0 and up, just a few parameters have to be changed), so TX might have to find their own way...

I think that's a great way to stop TX from stealing code, but since I'm an open-source enthusiast I wish that it'll become libre after some months (when everyone leaves TX because it doesn't support the latest FW :rofl2:)

Reactions: bomigoton

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I think that's a great way to stop TX from stealing code, but since I'm an open-source enthusiast I wish that it'll become libre after some months (when everyone leaves TX because it doesn't support the latest FW :rofl2:)
It is supposed to be closed source and signed by SciresM so that the exploit won't get burned. Thats the main reason. You should be able to chainload other payloads through it.

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS is the only CFW that has xci loading, game cheat engine, and emunand features.

Like all other cfw 7.0.0 support is in development.

It's not free though
Atmosphere has a game cheat engine IIRC.

Dumping an XCI to SD card takes like 15 minutes. It works just fine. Oh noes I have to wait instead of loading it instantly. Take my money TX!!11

The only thing SX has over Atmosphere is emunand.

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got one that worked anyone knows where I can find a legit rcm jig. That actually works. Thanks. And I ended up buying sx os

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
SX OS is the only CFW that has xci loading, game cheat engine, and emunand features.

Do you mean emuNAND emuNAND, or a bad copy of a emuNAND?
Can my sysNAND for instance be in firmware version 3.0.1, and yet have my emuNAND on version 6.2, without touching or having to worry about the sysNAND?

You know like the one in 3ds :)

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It won't stop TX from copying it. It also won't stop nintendo from fixing the exploit. :toot:

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean emuNAND emuNAND, or a bad copy of a emuNAND?
Can my sysNAND for instance be in firmware version 3.0.1, and yet have my emuNAND on version 6.2, without touching or having to worry about the sysNAND?

You know like the one in 3ds :)

Yeah, it works just like that.

For my case I wanted to play online without fear of getting banned, so I keep sysnand clean, and emunand with all the homebrew/piracy etc.
Its a really good way to save money if you think about it. Keep sysnand clean so you dont get banned... this way you dont have to spend $300 for a new nintendo switch when you get banned running CFW on your sysnand.

Last edited by jscjml,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/