Overclocking - Please share your best settings, tips and tricks!

madisonswitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are your best tips and tricks for overclocking?

Best apps to use?

Best settings?

Any hardware mods for cooling overclocked Switches?
  • External fan?
  • Aluminum chassis?
  • Extra thermal paste mods?
What temps are you getting?

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The issue with switch is primarily too much current and power draw not temperature (however temperature still is a factor). Especially Mariko as it don't get hot in the slightest usually. Lite especially, especially because it has a 12W board power limit.

You shouldn't need any external mods for overclocking fans or otherwise however thermal paste can be useful especially if you live in a hot environment.

I would recommend using Switch OC Suite for overclocking/undervolting If you have a Mariko it allows higher clocks as well. The most important thing to overclock on Switch as RAM as you can get a large performance improvement even if you don't touch anything else. Most people can reach 1996mhz on v1 and 2400mhz on Mariko with tightened ram timings.

I've linked a guide I wrote below that goes into more depth:
https://rentry.co/SwitchOCSuiteGuide1

Last edited by ChanseyIsTheBest,

madisonswitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember seeing this video from Macho Nacho Productions, where they've stated that aluminum back plate didn't necessarily offer a better cooling. So unless you're buying it for better looks, I'd skip upgrading to aluminum chassis / back plate.
I've seen that video and I think there are some holes in the way he did his setup. He also didn't do accurate temp measurements properly, as many viewers pointed out in the comments.

This guy in this video did a much better job and I think his results could be replicated:

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright