What is the best free cfw

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by darrin41, Feb 6, 2019.

1. darrin41
    OP

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    Thanks everyone for your input. Looking for the best that works with the latest fw.

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    None right now. But if you provide own keys, you can use atmo. So atmo is the best then (by your specifics).

3. darrin41
    OP

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    What u mean by my own keys.what about renix

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm looking to put indie games on my 256gb sd card. Not sure which way to go . I could just get sx os.

4. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    I mean that you have to provide keys for 7.0.0 in order to run CFW on 7.0.0. Reinx will get 7.0.0 once someone from the opensource releases how to do it so everyone can implement it.
    If you want to go with SX OS, you will wait for the longest time for 7.0.0 support.

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Feb 6, 2019
    x65943 and darrin41 like this.
  5. Meepers55

Meepers55 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    Atmosphere is pretty much the best option; it'll probably be the first to support the latest firmware too.

ReiNX is your second best bet, but it currently lacks the ability to restart back into cfw when the console crashes (which happens more often than you'd expect). It also doesn't support overclocking yet, but I expect it will when overclocking is more stable. Aside from that, it practically does the same stuff as Atmosphere but with an anime splash screen.

RajNX is dead and will probably never support the latest firmware.

Priyam, UmbraSage and darrin41 like this.
  6. darrin41
    OP

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    I was reading that sx os offer support for 7.0

7. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    SX OS is the only CFW that has xci loading, game cheat engine, and emunand features.

Like all other cfw 7.0.0 support is in development.

It's not free though

Last edited by Game_Over_Tom, Feb 6, 2019
  8. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    It doesn't and probably not for a while. Atmosphere is due to get a full 7.0 update in a few days, but if you have 7.0 keys you can use it now.

9. darrin41
    OP

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    I'm gonna be installing a trinket mo in my switch once I figure out what cfw I'm gonna use.

10. Game_Over_Tom
    This message by Game_Over_Tom has been removed from public view by x65943, Feb 6, 2019, Reason: Requested deletion.
    Feb 6, 2019
  11. darrin41
    OP

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    oh I haven't done anything to the switch yet. What u mean by if I have keys

12. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Also from what I heard, SciresM wants to create closed source exploit chain (which should work on any FW even on 7.0.0 and up, just a few parameters have to be changed), so TX might have to find their own way...
    Although he also said that it should work as a chainloader, so all you might need is to chainload SX payload. Idk how it is going to work, but he wants it closed source so that the exploit "can't" be fixed.

If you know how to dump keys from 7.0.0 switch, you can use them to boot CFW on 7.0.0. And later use them for XCI and NSP encryption and decryption and so on.

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Feb 6, 2019
    darrin41 likes this.
  13. darrin41
    OP

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    very interesting

no games require the 7.0 update correct

so the latest atms should work

14. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    No game requires 7.0.0, but 7.0.0 introduced new TSES (again), so you need keys in order to get through. So no, current latest atmo won't work on 7.0.0.

15. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    no games require it afaik (yet) maybe in a month yes but 7.x support would be implimented it's just slower to impliment cause as of 6.20 nintendo put the console keys required for cfw to run behind TSEC (the security processor similar to SAMU on the PS4) we haven't pwned TSEC and i doubt we will but some sort of work around is used by team atmosphere all nintendo can do is change encryption keys to tsec slowing us down alittle

16. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
  17. PyroGoat

PyroGoat GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2015
    United States
    I don't think anyone asked what FW you were on before they started saying they were not working and needed 7.0 keys... Yadda Yadda
    If you are on 6.2 or lower you are good to go for now. Do a backup, read some tutorials, and you can always switch it up.

7.0 has only been out a week or 2 so only updates or games released after that MIGHT require 7.0 but should be supported with next CFW release.

Good luck.

18. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese 100%!
    [​IMG]

Oh boy... My gosh, people!!!

Atmosphere and ReiNX are both the best CFW of all time. Both are just preference depending on what people are looking for. Thats all. No CFW are the best. None. Both are great CFW and they are doing great jobs on both CFW for us but just the preference thats all. SIGHING.

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Feb 7, 2019
    Adran_Marit and PyroGoat like this.
  19. darrin41
    OP

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    hey im on version 6.2.0 and when i do rcm and inject to do a backup of my nand and keys i get black screen. using atmo

i have a xaw 10101

20. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Did you install the driver? When was the switch bought? Did you check if it was patched?

21. PyroGoat

PyroGoat GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2015
    United States
    If I understand correctly you only ever see a black screen when attempting to inject payload. Do you get anything to load?
    It might be patched :/

Last edited by PyroGoat, Feb 7, 2019
    darrin41 likes this.