Hacking What is better? USB-Loader or VC Injection?

Slackot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering this question because I’m trying to get the best expirience out of Wii/Gamecube games.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering this question because I’m trying to get the best expirience out of Wii/Gamecube games.
For Wii games, it doesn't really matter. It has been shown that loading times are slower with VC injection with regard to Skyward Sword, but it's minimal. Whichever one is more convenient for you is the better choice.

For GameCube games, my understanding is that the Nintendont channel or VC-injection is required in order to be able to use the gamepad with GameCube games. My knowledge on the topic could be out of date, considering I don't play a lot of GameCube games.

Edit: If you prefer having certain functions exclusive to USB loaders, like cheat functions, then USB loaders are the better choice. I was merely talking about quality and compatibility above.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Slackot

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you plan on switching games frequently then VC injection is a pain because Wii U to vwii then to change game back to Wii U then back to vwii
Which listening to the Wii U load is rather painful. It’s so loud. Plus idk if that’s a lot of extra wear and tare on Wii U. I’m guessing it’s the disc drive spinning up but idk tbh and it does it with no disc in it too.

Where if usbloader u stay on vwii and swap to other games

Last edited by Tri-Z,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting things to work on a USB loader is a pain, it's different for everyone but there always seems to be a problem. It's never as straight forward as setting it up and it working right away. So I'm iffy about vWii USB loading. It's much easier to access the games from the wiiu home menu, and no need to keep a separate USB HDD just for vWii. I fyou have a lot of wii games, it would take a lot of work injecting each game. But if you're only interested in 15-20, its not much work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....