Hacking What is battery life of dsi using supercard DStwo?

famicon_don

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the dsi does not have the greatest battery life and so I want to buy a flash cart that does not drain to much of the dsi's battery. I did see the forum about the battery tests but I want to know from you guys what your dsi's battery life is using the Supercard DStwo. I am not interested in knowing the battery life stats based on the highest or lowest setting. I want to know the stats in terms of using the dsi at an average brightness (lets say at brightness setting 3 or 4 because doesn't the dsi have 5 brightness settings?) and volume using the Supercard DSTwo because those are the settings that I will be playing at when I get a dsi. Also, did you guys find that the Supercard DStwo made the dsi's battery life worse, better or the same. Again, not necessarily interested in battery life tests, just want to hear in general what you guys think.

Reactions: lostdotfish

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The DSTwo will drain the battery. In fact for my DS Lite it has cut off quite some time when I used it.
If you want a flashcard with plenty of features, but lacks the emulating power, go with the Acekard 2i.
If you don't mind the slightly shorter battery life, go with the DSTwo

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
famicon_don said:
I know the dsi does not have the greatest battery life and so I want to buy a flash cart that does not drain to much of the dsi's battery. I did see the forum about the battery tests but I want to know from you guys what your dsi's battery life is using the Supercard DStwo. I am not interested in knowing the battery life stats based on the highest or lowest setting. I want to know the stats in terms of using the dsi at an average brightness (lets say at brightness setting 3 or 4 because doesn't the dsi have 5 brightness settings?) and volume using the Supercard DSTwo because those are the settings that I will be playing at when I get a dsi. Also, did you guys find that the Supercard DStwo made the dsi's battery life worse, better or the same. Again, not necessarily interested in battery life tests, just want to hear in general what you guys think.
I got 13hrs35mins on a DSi with an R4iGold, so I imagine you'll get at least 10-12 with a DStwo. That should be plenty enough for most people, especially if they've owned a 3DS.
nyanya.gif

D

Deleted User

My DSi has about the same battery life as my 3DS (playing 3DS games) when using the DSTwo with medium to high brightness settings. At least that what it feels like. I can't tell you an exact number, but as the cat boy already said, it drains the battery a lot faster than usual.
It's not bothering me though, the DStwo is a really good card with superb compatibility (without patches) and fast fixes if Nintendo tries to block flashcards.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
famicon_don said:
I got 13hrs35mins on a DSi with an R4iGold, so I imagine you'll get at least 10-12 with a DStwo. That should be plenty enough for most people, especially if they've owned a 3DS.
nyanya.gif

13 Hours? On a DSi? Are you playing with no brightness? I never get more than 3-4 hours.

D

Deleted User

@GreatCrippler I wondered that myself and according to Kotaku he probably plays on the lowest (or second lowest) brightness setting, which is way too dark for me btw. I always have it on setting 3 or 4 as the power LED is irritatingly bright when playing on the highest setting.

Terminator02 said:
http://gbatemp.net/t289020-the-ultimate-ds...ad-in-the-world
QUOTESince I also have VERY limited resources I only concentrated on the one gaming system - the DSLite.
This doesn't help the OP because the DSlite's battery life is different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: