What is a good grip/case for the 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by TheHaxForU, Jan 27, 2012.

Jan 27, 2012
  1. TheHaxForU
    OP

Member TheHaxForU GBAtemp Regular

United States
  2. nikkuchan

Member nikkuchan GBAtemp Regular

Japan
  3. TheHaxForU
    OP

United States
    >.>
    i already pre-ordered that, sooo just waiting for the 7th. bak to mai question^^

4. nikkuchan

Member nikkuchan GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    my point is that the circle pad kind of makes the other stuff moot, unless you plan to constantly switch out the 3DS and put it in a different case for each game you play, in which case you'll wear out the rubber pads that hold the 3DS in the circle-pad case and you'll have to Macgyver a new way to keep your system from falling out of it.

5. Honelith

Newcomer Honelith Newbie

United Kingdom
    That Circle Pad Pro looks really comfy, seen the underside of it? I'd stick with it. I plan to get it just for that very reason, I prefer to angle my right hand a little bit so my thumb has to reach sideways to press the BAXY buttons, just feels more comfy.

6. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I have this one [​IMG]
    It's ok as a grip. An advantage this has over other cases is it covers that L and R buttons, which I would consider the most vulnerable part of a 3DS if you drop it. I think it kind of hinders the wifi a little. With the L and R buttons covered, they are a little more difficult to press. The system closes entirely even with both top and bottom cases on, but the system comes open much easier. So I think the case is most effective without the top piece which allows a much more secure close. You can increase portability by removing the case and crumpling it up.

7. TheHaxForU
    OP

United States
    okay ill test the circlepad out and if i only use for the extra circlepad ill buy another

8. joshstyle

Member joshstyle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    IMO,no point getting a grip/case if you have the circle pad

9. Hanks6

Member Hanks6 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    R button is hard to use with CPP on. makes it fairly useless as a grip until some type of patch for the whole system or individual titles is released. shame, cause its a nice grip, but you need to be able to use the new shoulder buttons, R at the least...

10. xxteargodxx

Member xxteargodxx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Me personally I would rather have a battery case/replacement than the circle pad pro. What I think would be best to do is to wait for a case/cover to be made that's an extra circle pad and battery in one.

11. GooeyGungan

Newcomer GooeyGungan Newbie

United States
    I just got the last one. The Nyko battery / case, that is. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm excited for it to get here.

If I were you, I'd get that one. Not only does it make the 3DS bigger and easier on your hands, it supposedly triples the battery life. I've read a few reviews and that claim isn't necessarily true unless you have it on minimum settings (brightness 1, power saving mode, 3d and wireless off), it does significantly extend the battery - something the 3DS desperately needs.

12. philip11

Member philip11 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nerf Armor for 3DS It's REALLY Good it feels nice and comfy and it's just awesome.