Hacking Discussion What gets you banned and how fast it can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maruuu07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok some questions here
I have already a plenty of games bought from the eshop, now that im waiting my sx pro to arrive i wanna know something
Do i need Internet connection to make it work? To run the games?
This affects playing online with the games that i already bought?
No, you can activate your license using your computer, you should never go online with the SXOS activated since you are going to get banned. Playing your legit games online should be done without going in to the SXOS, just boot the console normally.

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just went out of sx os and updated all of my games. went on the eshop before and after i was done. and redownloaded fortnite just to see if i could. Fortnite worked and so did online.

LucioDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
No, you can activate your license using your computer, you should never go online with the SXOS activated since you are going to get banned. Playing your legit games online should be done without going in to the SXOS, just boot the console normally.
How do i boot my switch normally once the sx cfw is installed? Or its the sx pro that needs to be enabled every time its turned on?

Raikkonen94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the sx pro needs to be enabled every time its turned on

And how do you get your Switch back to OFW, if I may ask? Can you just completely turn your Switch off in AutoRCM mode/when running SX CFW to reset it to the original firmware (so that you can safely go online?)

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
And how do you get your Switch back to OFW, if I may ask? Can you just completely turn your Switch off in AutoRCM mode/when running SX CFW to reset it to the original firmware (so that you can safely go online?)
If you install AutoRCM, your console always boots in RCM at startup. To switch to OFW you need to choose the "Boot original FW" in the SX OS boot menu or deinstall AutoRCM.

Reactions: Raikkonen94

andre1891

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a difference when you put out the SD with the Backups in it when you Boot into OFW and goes online then? Maybe Nintendo detect the Backups on SD?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is there a difference when you put out the SD with the Backups in it when you Boot into OFW and goes online then? Maybe Nintendo detect the Backups on SD?
Probably Nintendo also stores some information in the internal storage. That's why only switching the micro sd card might not be enough to be safe.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is such a waste of gen one switches as Mariko looms. It won't even tell us anything because they're likely all going to get hit.

The first banwave will probably snipe even the smallest infractions to scorch the earth.

Batpeter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, account bans are useless (unless you have funds and purchases on there), you just make a new account. Has anyone encountered a device ban yet? That's the most important ban we need to be preventing.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Account bans might lead to system bans. Especially if they are saving up for a "mass banwave"

The bans so far have all come in sets. Scires' and Shiny were banned at the same time, the Splat bans were at the same time with varying degrees of severity to a wide range people and infractions. The next will come in due time.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bans so far have all come in sets. Scires' and Shiny were banned at the same time, the Splat bans were at the same time with varying degrees of severity to a wide range people and infractions. The next will come in due time.

This is why I'm staying away from piracy. Some time (maybe within a month?) after Pokemon Let's Go and Smash Bros. Ultimate are released I'm expecting big banwaves from Nintendo, like the banwaves that were from Pokemon Sun and Moon being played early on the 3DS. By that time hopefully we'll have a better idea of what's safe and what's not to avoid bans.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know im late but I need to know if I could get banned from this:

My friend allowed me to download games from his eshop onto my account and I was wondering if that's considered some form of piracy that could get me banned?
I'm a bit scared to open up any games I downloaded from there

did you pay real money for them? If you went through Ninty‘s front door and paid at the checkout it’s impossible to commit piracy. You’re a fine upstanding customer. Go about your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol