Hacking What GBA Flashcart would work best for me?

NiGHtsBeta09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I need some help here.

I have an M3DS Real and an original DS. What I need to know is what GBA Flashcart would work well for my needs here.

I want to play Pokemon games (mostly) on the GBA , like Pokemon Emerald or FireRed. I will be using it on the DS itself most of the time, so I was wondering two main things:

1) What cart would help me if I want to be able to trade Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness?

2) Would I be able to use Pal Park with that too? (if not, Pokesav kinda makes that better)

My main priority is playing on my DS, but still being able to use it on a GBA to trade with XD.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!! :3

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen old NeoFlash slot 2 carts still for sale. I don't recall them being all that great for GBA or having an RTC. Best to just get a expansion pack like how_do_i_do_that suggested or an EZFlash 4.

If you were to go w/ a expansion cart I would go for an EZFLash 3-in-1 as these are still available in GBA sized cart and at least RHS only seems to have the Lite sized carts... Unless someone knows where to get GBA sized M3 expansions (I didn't bother to look for them).

If it were me though, I'd go for the EZFLash 4. It will be make an overall better stand alone GBA cart than a 3-in-1 (does the M3 expansion pack have NOR?). It will not let you link GBA games w/ DS games and a 3-in-1 will, but that is the only down side over the EZ4. You'll be able to carry a lot more games around on an EZ4 and you will not need a DS to flash it w/ for use on the GBA.

idulkoan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
The Flashcart I use for GBA games + homebrew is the M3 Perfect Lite. It uses a micro sd card, and is spring loaded. (You just push the micro SD card in and it clicks into place. To take it out, you click it in and it comes out) It is the Flashcart I use for gba GBA Games + Homebrew. It supports big roms like pokemon. It supports cheats, which you can set when you put the rom on the cart. It comes in at least 3 DS Lite cases, and a GBA sized case for GBA users and DS Phat users. (DS Phat = DS original) Mine came with a superkey, a GBA sized case (White), an m3 lite adapter, and 4 DS lite shells. (colors are Pink, Black, Ice Blue, and White) I have an ice blue DS, so I use the ice blue m3 shell. The colors are REAAAALLLLLYYY Similar, but not exact. You can't really tell , tho. I use it in NDS and GBA mode with no problems so far. The only problem is that it is not supported anymore, but that isn't too bad because I think ALL slot 2 cards are not supported anymore. It works as RAM for the opera DS Browser (After applying the Triforce Hack) I made a 2 Part video on that: PT. 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3Dw6l1Dvk PT. 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dRWCeJYJpI. I would rate it an 8/10. 8 because the case is flush, but a little hard to push in/take out (not a problem with DS PHAT users because the case was easier to make so it fits perfect. When (IF) buying this tho, MAKE SURE you get the M3 PERFECT Lite not the M3 lite PRO because the M3 lite PRO does not support Pokemon games. It will fit your needs, if you can find it now a days. I bought mine like 6+ months ago, and it was close to impossible to find one at a good price. Make sure if you buy one, that it comes with a GBA sized shell so that it fits in your DS. I made a video on it when I received it. Here is the 2 Part Video: PT. 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPJpMXF6R2s PT. 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RISkh1b_NHY
Here's some info on it:
"The M3 Lite is the answer of M3 team to the Nintendo DS Lite. It is a full blown M3 adapter that will perfectly fit into your Nintendo DS Lite GBA cartrige slot without sticking out, and with all the functions of the M3 Adapter. It is using Micro SD card and comes with 3 cases (Black, White and Ice Blue) for perfect integration in the design of your Nintendo DS Lite." "General features:

* Compatible with Nintendo DS Lite only.
* Compatible with all GBA games - no slowdown, no craches, no extra patching required.
* NDS compatible - FULL-NDS game function (for more info see below).
* Built in Emulators - run without any additional software FC, NES, SNES, GB, GBC, SMS, and other roms!
* RTC - on-board Real Time Clock for Gameboy Advance games.
* Advanced Save System - support all save types.
* Super Real Time Save Function - quick save games whenever you want ulimited times directly to the CF card.
* Golden Finger Auto IPS - best cheat system for games.
* Compatible with every type of movie file - store multiple full-length movies on a single card! 100% compatible with all Crystal Engine GBA ROM converted movies.
* Plays music - BBE enhancement sound effects, clear nature and bright treble, strong powerful and vigorous bass, accurate and incomparable localization.
* Picture viewer - compatible with BMP and many other image formats.
* eBook/txt reader
* Fast USB tranfser - about 10 sec. to transfer a 128M game from your PC
* No drivers required - plug & play U-Disk, workls as standard USB storage device.
* Low power consumption - (ASIC architecture) over 9 hours game time on a GBA SP!
* Never Damage you Mini-SD card - safe and compatible with most of standard SD memory modules.

Nintendo DS related features:

* Support NDS “clean dump” data
* No limit of game size (limited only by the microSD card size)
* NDS save data backing up into GBA or DS card
* NDS boot-up with PassKey
* Nintendo DS Multi-Game Menu
* NDS SMS Function (Super Memory Stick)
* Supports running games/programs larger than 256Mbit
* FAST-BOOT technology - generally, games can boot up within 2 seconds
(even a 512Mb gba and nds games load fast)
* Including 3 cases with different colors, just like the G6 Lite!"
These quotes have been taken from http://www.gameboy-advance.net/ds-lite/m3-lite-microsd.htm. In the 'General Features', It states that the flashcart is only compatible with Nintendo DS Lite. This is NOT true, because you can get it with a GBA sized shell for it to work on the DS Phat/GBA/GBM/GBASP.
Here's What I Got (Came with Superkey to boot it in NDS Mode):
2_460.jpg

Here's The Box Contents:
10145337-m3-perfect-lite-micro-sd-adapter.jpg

And Here's The Front of the Box:
m3lite_b2.jpg

*NOTE:* I do NOT Take Ownership of these pictures as they do NOT Belong to me.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
He wants to play pokemon emerald, no flashcart without RTC can play it PERIOD.

As for the M3 lite, if you don't plan to sell yours to him, don't bother bringing it up because it AIN'T SOLD ANYWHERE ANYMORE.

He also mentioned Fire Red. EZ Flash will handle that np.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness is a Gamecube title, there are NO GC PATCHES that will let you access ANY flashcart.

2. Pal park? use the pokesav so you don't have to wait 24 hours before transfering again. If you got alot of pokemon this becomes more obvious of choices.

Just so you know, you have direct access to using GBA cheat codes from the M3 Real menu with the M3 GBA Expansion Pack over the EZ-Flash IV. And it also has RTC, so you can play Emerald with all the time based events.

You failed to see what other benefits beyone playing GBA only are to him, DigitalDeviant. That is why I said he is better off with what I first recommended. Unfortunately, many of you are overly biased and recommend only what you got and not on what better for him.

IMG_90159b.jpg

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
1. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness is a Gamecube title, there are NO GC PATCHES that will let you access ANY flashcart.

2. Pal park? use the pokesav so you don't have to wait 24 hours before transfering again. If you got alot of pokemon this becomes more obvious of choices.

Just so you know, you have direct access to using GBA cheat codes from the M3 Real menu with the M3 GBA Expansion Pack over the EZ-Flash IV. And it also has RTC, so you can play Emerald with all the time based events.

You failed to see what other benefits beyone playing GBA only are to him, DigitalDeviant. That is why I said he is better off with what I first recommended. Unfortunately, many of you are overly biased and recommend only what you got and not on what better for him.

IMG_90159b.jpg

point taken, takes for explaining that, I should have read more carefully.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:

IMG_90159b.jpg

I am not using any particular biased at all. Just trying to be helpful. Excuse me. >.>

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
how_do_i_do_that said:

IMG_90159b.jpg

I am not using any particular biased at all. Just trying to be helpful. Excuse me. >.>

no need to excuse your self, you are right about this, in his particularly case the m3 gba add on makes the most sense.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how_do_i_do_that said:

You failed.

EZ-3-in-1 WILL work if you flash it in Nor mode. You might need a EZ-Flash V to do that.

Theres no perfect solution.

NiGHtsBeta09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help, guys! If I had even known they had cases that let me use M3 Perfect Lite on my DS Phat, I'd have just gone with that! Thanks!

And I was mostly looking for one that can also work as a standalone, so can the expansion pack do that? I'm not really sure ^^;

Wait, so am I to understand that even with the link cable, my Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness will not detect a flashed Emerald or FireRed at all? So I can't trade to it at all, even if I get an M3 Perfect Lite or an EZ-Flash V 3-in-1?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The M3 GBA expansion pack is slot1 dependant, doesn't run in a GBA. Nobody makes flashcarts for GBA anymore since 2007 with the exception of Elink (they make them for people looking for thier first gba flashcart), nobody makes flashcarts with RTC. Everything else on the market is 4+ years old. Your very likely going to need to replace the battery in anything for GBA the moment you get it.

I said before the M3 perfect lite is not sold anywhere (it is also not supported by M3 anymore since 2009), your not going to find any online shop that sells it.

Pokemon games (GC and DS) access the gba save data directly, it is hard coded on how to access save data on a real gba cart only, flashcarts use different storage for storing saves so the hard coded method of accessing the save is not the same. There are no patches for any GC pokemon game that will allow you to access any flashcart. Your out of luck for that. Same goes for the GC Pokemon collusium.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-