What game(s) has emulation saved for you?

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Without emulation I wouldn't be able to play Generation 3 of Pokemon, one of the most important to me and one that never stops being fun no matter how many years pass. Just hearing the town themes take me back to yesteryear with that painful nostalgia we get so addicted to :rofl2::cry:

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without emulation I wouldn't be able to play Generation 3 of Pokemon, one of the most important to me and one that never stops being fun no matter how many years pass. Just hearing the town themes take me back to yesteryear with that painful nostalgia we get so addicted to :rofl2::cry:
WIthout Kega, i woun't be able to play those cool romhacks

Reactions: Maximumbeans

CommanderCool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i came into this thread looking for people to talk about good games and this is how it starts? jesus christ.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me arcade games for sure. There are so many arcade games that never came to consoles in any form and unless you have the money and space for them it would be near impossible to have so many machines for all the games exclusive to arcades.

Reactions: hooky1992

hooky1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Final Burn Neo library allows me to play 90s arcade machines that I had only read about previously, including all those top fighting games from SNK & CAPCOM

Reactions: cvskid

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Road Rash III on the Genesis, US version.

The game dips below 60 fps on hardware constantly and it makes the game quite a bit harder because the moves get really twitchy. But when it runs on a emulator the emulators generally shoot for the steady 60 fps, thus making the game play a lot easier and smoother.

Reactions: Maximumbeans

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Panzer Dragoon Saga (also PD Zwei).
I don't have a Saturn and have no intention of getting one. Sega lost the source code of PDS so porting it to a more modern system would be a lot of work.
I played it upscaled in Yabause about a decade ago on my Mac. I might give it another go in whatever the best Saturn emulator is now, with my newer Mac that can also run Windows.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
A little bit of emulation and a little bit of mod chips, but Panzer Dragoon Saga. Very expensive to get ahold of official copies, so I first played the game in Yabause before eventually buying a Saturn and a modchip to play it on the original console. Definitely one of the best early 3D RPGs of the era, so I'm glad I got a chance to play it given Sega is shit and has no source code for the game, so beyond a complete remake we'll never see any official ports :(

EDIT: :ph34r:'d :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER