Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
boombox said:
Not surprised it's attracted pirates:

Console = great
Games = hit n miss

hmm, I reckon R4, they are constantly updating their current cards, they must have a good way with the software...that's just an idea anyway.
R4? The R4 hasn't been updated since 2008. They have no current carts and they were sued by Nintendo.

The current R4 carts you see are copy cats using the R4 name, most of the aren't updated and are clones of other better carts.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My bets:
Either Cyclo or Supercard...

Or maybe even Acekard!!
smile.gif

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol at it not been hacked.

Of course it'll be hacked, chances are it'll be via a FlashCart again since it's the easiest option and been done already, although exploiting the SD slot would be good too.

With the apparent size of the games I wonder if the FlashCarts will have SDXC slots on them :8

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Supercard ofc. They have a magic touch with flashcards. Mabey cyclops,(that chance is so small), since they made a dsi mode flashcard in beta.

Posts merged

Depravo said:
boombox said:
hmm, I reckon R4, they are constantly updating their current cards, they must have a good way with the software...that's just an idea anyway.
I honestly can't tell if that's trolling or not.
OFC this is trolling. Even kids know that r4 has been shutdown years ago -____-

xl_The_Jackal_lx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
I don't think we should expect a hack at all. Nintendo probably learned from it's mistakes and probably will inspire itself from Sony. Their new PSPs have yet to be hacked completely and can only run a few homebrews. We may never see a hacked 3DS.

Hacking and piracy is an arms race that will never, ever end, barring some sort of nuclear apocalypse that reduces mankind to the stone age. Nintendo (nor Sony) will never "beat" pirates or make a hack-proof system. Look at Sony's recent PS3 fiasco, and the most recent HEN loaders that have been released for the latest PSP firmware.

I know Nintendo has been beating its chest and bragging about "strong anti-piracy measures," but all that's likely to do is piss off hackers and make them more determined. And I'm sure a lot of it is PR talk as well, and they know it. It's not a matter of 'if it will be hacked,' it's a matter of 'when.'

I've got my money on Supercard or Acekard, but a softmod would be even better.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
Depravo said:
boombox said:
I honestly can't tell if that's trolling or not.
OFC this is trolling. Even kids know that r4 has been shutdown years ago -____-

lol no they dont. before wood, people were still buying it thinking it was up to date, coming here, and saying "why is my game not working" and blah blah blah.

anyways. i dont think it will be hacked for a while, but im sure it will be from a sd card rather than flashcart.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Any of them will crack the 3DS... For DS mode.

It will certainly takes months/years (excepts if nintendo made a mistake on the way the keys are encrypted like Sony's PS3, but so far they've done an excellent job with DSi) to crack 3DS mode.

But for DS mode, once the flashcard say what the 3DS's whitelist want to hear, it's all done, and I don't think nintendo will fill the 3DS memory with a 2GB ds cart whitelist.

in one month we will know, and the countdown will start (I'll laugh very hard if it takes less than1 week
laugh.gif
)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Now I find that softmods will most likely hack it... Softmod can block automatic updates via the tag mode and possibly even solve the updates on the games as well. Softmods also are more efficient than flashcarts in terms of durability and user friendliness. These are all my opinions though, correct me if I'm wrong.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bet one of the cheap companies.
R4 clones or something. (supercard and acekard are after quality not speed)
It will be a softmod first, or maybe you need a softmod exploit to use the flashcart.
1-3 months until it's hacked I reckon.

And no, i'm not crazy, look at the demand of flashcarts on DS, look how much profit they can make on the 3DS for being the first one ever, there will be a major race on from the minute anyone gets a 3DS to create the first exploits. (perhaps before)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
boudincaca said:

It will certainly takes months/years (excepts if nintendo made a mistake on the way the keys are encrypted like Sony's PS3, but so far they've done an excellent job with DSi) to crack 3DS mode.

But for DS mode, once the flashcard say what the 3DS's whitelist want to hear, it's all done, and I don't think nintendo will fill the 3DS memory with a 2GB ds cart whitelist.

in one month we will know, and the countdown will start (I'll laugh very hard if it takes less than1 week
laugh.gif
)

Nintendo will really be ashamed if that were to happen, as they claim it to have ultimate anti piracy.
smile.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
boudincaca said:

laugh.gif
)

Nintendo will really be ashamed if that were to happen, as they claim it to have ultimate anti piracy.
smile.gif

EDIT: multiple post, my bad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1