Hacking What Flash Cart Plays Movies On The DSL

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The SuperCard DSTwo probably has one of the better multimedia players out there, although you can use moonshell on any flashcart (I've never seen how media plays on a SuperCard DSTwo, but I'm certain it's better than moonshell). It also has great compatibility to games and supports up to the latest dsi/3ds firmwares, just in case you're thinking of getting one of those. It can also emulate gba games without any additional (slot-2) device.

EDIT: but you might need to convert the videos to fit the resolution and format.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Err...I'd say stick with moonshell 2. The iplayer really doesn't like converted file (ie. whenever you try and make a file smaller). It also doesn't like flv, mp4, and some forms of avi. Useage of these files on the iplayer results in noticable desync between video and audio. So yeah, stick with moonshell.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Err...I'd say stick with moonshell 2. The iplayer really doesn't like converted file (ie. whenever you try and make a file smaller). It also doesn't like flv, mp4, and some forms of avi. Useage of these files on the iplayer results in noticable desync between video and audio. So yeah, stick with moonshell.

No, flv/mp4/avi don't matter as those are just containers (though it won't see files with a mp4 extension unless renamed to avi/mkv). The DSTwo/iPlayer does not like h.264 video but does fine with divx/xvid no higher than 480p.

The problem with Moonshell is that it only works with dpg which is basically mpeg1. That means your video files will be MUCH larger than with the DSTwo (assuming you use 320x240 divx/avi files).

Verona

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is on wonder,dstwo is the best choice. dstwo can support following video format : Video: RMVB/RM/FLV/WMV/ASF/AVI and etc (the resolution 640x480 can be played smooth, and supports .srt sub file) ,you just need download the plugins iplayer in its plugin download page .What's more,it can play GBA games as well as NDS games. Now,as you know,the latest 3ds and dsi firmware is v3.0.0-6 and v1.43,but dstwo can work well on it directly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...