Gaming What Features Would You Like To See On The New Mario Kart?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bumjeans said:
Get rid of blue shells and make AI better racers not better cheapasses.

bring back the coins!!

Quoted for truth. As much as at first I found coins aggravating, when I got used to it they were a true asset considering how much of a speed boost to normal max speed you got with the more you had as it added more strategy of not whacking into people and stuff other than a lame spinout. Those blue shells sucked a good bit of fun out of the game because it just allowed the sore loser to whack the 1P car and let neither you or him win and that's just dopey crap and unnecessary punishing people with driving skill. And I already brought up the busted ass AI too before as it's the sole reason Mario Kart is on its last chance with me because if they don't put it back to how it was on the GBA, N64, and SNES where each CC got smarter, not cheaper...I'm done as I can't fucking stand cheating ai and/or rubber banding AI which this one has both of now.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
bumjeans said:
make AI better racers not better cheapasses.
Rubberbanding AI seems to be unavoidable when it comes to creating the AI for racing games, although I agree it probably should be better in this game. Mario Kart Wii was a little too cheap.

As for what I'd like to see is an item menu a la Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Also, an increased number of tracks would be nice (32 new and 16 retro would be great), or at least more available for DLC, because new tracks would keep the experience fresh...

Oh, and Bob-Omb Battles would be great.

D

Deleted_171835

Terenigma said:
mirrormissile - a single fire missile that doesnt lock on to enemies but if it hits then it switches the control method around for a few seconds (left is right and right is left)
fludd - spawns mario's fludd and when activated leaves a trail of water behind you and if anyone is following you like trying to get a speed boost they slide out
The MirrorMissle would be really annoying. Maybe even more annoying than the Blue Shell.
Fludd would be a horrible item. Somebody could move left to right and cover the whole track with water causing everybody to wipe out.

Nintendo needs to work on getting cheaters away from Wi-Fi this time.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Those blue shells sucked a good bit of fun out of the game because it just allowed the sore loser to whack the 1P car and let neither you or him win

Exactly! It's completely pointless when someone in 8th place gets a blue shell. All it does is punish the guy in first.
dry.gif

Unless the sheller is in second or third place, there's no real benefit to getting a blue shell, other than the "lulz, i messd u up" factor.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never finished mariokart wii because of the annoying AI, I liked MK64, and Double Dash, I even managed to get through mirror mode on the ds, but I couldnt stand mariokart wii. I hate bikes, and the automatic mode, it makes it to easy.

and, as I said earlier, if they have to keep the blue shells, at least give us a chance at dodging them.

also, I liked the "mirror missile" idea

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
In all honestly regarding the blue shell issue, all Nintendo really should do is tweak it so that it would actually benefit the user more. In MKWii, the blue shell was made available to those between 4th and 8th, and that would really have no benefit for them at all.

I'm all in favour of a variation of the blue shell from Mario Kart 64 (on the ground, available only to people in the back and would home in a straight line on the ground towards first) to be honest, as long as there is a legitimate way to dodge it.

And not sure if it was brought up yet, but I think the lightning cloud in Mario Kart Wii was more annoying than the blue shell. Worst item ever, especially since actually ramming into somebody to rid yourself of the item in the game was more luck-based because of how fast-paced the game is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: eyetoy was fun yeah