Hardware What do you wanna see in the Nintendo Switch?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
StreetPass.

However much Ninty likes to say that it's a home console, it's not. It's an overpowered handheld with a dock and an HDMI output. Nothing else.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Better hardware, not a trash battery, proper storage space, third party controllers to add a proper d-pad, third party devs that stick around for more than a year, proper touchscreen (not resistive crap), etc etc.

Even if Nvidia is putting in a beefier X2, there's no way a Tegra SoC is going to compete with PS4/Xboner visuals, especially when they're putting out "4k" consoles soon. If the portable portion has to underclock itself just to conserve battery life (because we all know Nintendo doesn't know how to properly put high-capacity batteries into their products) than games "on the go" are going to suck performance wise.

I also don't like the lack of d-pad on the controller, even if it is just replaced with "buttons" it's not the same ergonomic feel, so that sucks. Hopefully third parties will come along and make a left side controller that just puts a d-pad back.

I also hope this doesn't flop hard like the Wii U did and have a bunch of huge, long game droughts that will kill the system because Nintendo hates third party developers.

And I also hope they're going to use a proper capacitive touchscreen, not trashy resisitive like they've been using for years so we could at least get proper touch-screen controls on games that may use them.

EDIT: and I really, really hope Nintendo doesn't fuck up storage space with this like they did the Wii U. There's no way in hell modern AAA titles are going to fit on a stupidly tiny 32GB internal storage. 500GB+ or bust, Nintendo.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A "2DS" version of it, handheld-only, with non-detachable (wired) controllers (which probably means better battery) and flat sticks like on the 3DS so I don't wonder how I put that in my bag.

D

Deleted User

i dont want to see nothing from nintendo anymore because they already gave me all the games that i ever wanted. over the years i enjoyed the best and the most fun games i ever played so thank you nintendo for giving me the unique experience and good luck with your next console. by the way nintendo released list of 3d party companies and it looks pretty impressive.
just kidding. i want tons of mario games,the wither 3,gta v,good racing games,mario maker with new level themes and much much more.

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since i'll be interested in the portable aspect, the switch needs to have a really good battery life, like 6 hours, for me would work well. anything lower is garbage.

Reactions: Rudelof

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I won't ask for impossibles, just at least 5 to 6 hours of battery life on a single charge.

Even if Nvidia is putting in a beefier X2, there's no way a Tegra SoC is going to compete with PS4/Xboner visuals, especially when they're putting out "4k" consoles soon. If the portable portion has to underclock itself just to conserve battery life (because we all know Nintendo doesn't know how to properly put high-capacity batteries into their products) than games "on the go" are going to suck performance wise.
If they did things correctly they could lower the rendering resolution while on mobile mode to the screen native resolution (that I expect to be 720p or at least 540p) and that way free some resources to allow downclocking without losing performance.

proper capacitive touchscreen
And if they do, please Ninty, include a stylus. Playing Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma on Vita was kind of wonky for the lack of precision human fingers have.

EDIT: aahhh almost forgot, let it be region free pretty please ^_^.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is a capacitive touchscreen, then it most likely not going come with a stylus.

Other than support of course,

Motion Controls, Dual Screen play, Back Capability 3ds/ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies