what to do with 3 switches ?

quietertime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys.... serious question :)

I have 3 original v1 switches, one I got to hack and use for playing switch games, that's what I currently use it for.

However, just in case I had issues with the first one and it broke and was unrepairable without sending to nintendo, I bought a second as a back up. This I hacked and have been using it for retroarch.

I picked up a 3rd orginal v1 switch as a back up for the back up...

So, what else can I do with the 2nd switch, I want to keep one just for official nintendo games and keep one as a backup. however is there something interesting I can do with the second?

serious question guys, if you have more than one, what are you using them for?

/qt

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 modded here (v1, v2, lite).

The biggest issue with trying to use all of them is save transfers. JKSV with Google Drive support works pretty well. Tinfoil + mapped NAS works pretty well as well. Its still a few steps for each option, I would prefer an automatic or even one or two click solution.

My kids usually just assign themselves one (my son prefers the Lite). Local multiplayer is a blast this way. Link support in the NSO GB and GBA is fun as well. Especially if you add your own games with CaVE. However if it wasnt for them playing local mutiplayer, the additional ones rarely get used besides the periodical updating.

When I first bought the Lite, it was my intention was to use it as my "portable". It's the one I would bring in the car with me. But the reality of it is that its pretty rare I'm out where I'm not already trying to do something (shop, errands, etc). I'm not sitting in waiting rooms on a daily basis. I also don't live in a large metro area where I am taking public transportation regularly.

There's a few fringe things you can possibly do with the other ones. Run the Android TV version of Android on one and have yourself a makeshift Nvidia Shield. There's also Linux support, you can get yourself a small keyboard and mouse and make it into a mini arm based desktop. Both are done by the people over at switchroot.

But to me, besides local multiplayer, there's really not a whole lot of use or need for multiple switches unless there's multiple people to use them. Even in my own case, I rarely touch the v1 or lite, and 99% of my gameplay is on the v2.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Android maybe. Switch Android suffers unavoidable lags when running from SD card, so some people upgrade their emmc to a bigger capacity chip and partition it to run Android from there without the lags, while still keeping the Horizon partition. You could potentially scrap Horizon from the spare Switch altogether and use the whole stock emmc space for Android (and/or Linux), or maybe shrink the Horizon partition to the smallest size it can be and use the rest for Android.

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
You can buy pokemon for the one you use with sysnand, and install pokemon with the one you use with emunand.
Create competitive pokemon with pkhex, transfer them to your bought game.
And then sell those on ebay.

• Wow
Reactions: lightninjay

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hey guys.... serious question :)

I have 3 original v1 switches, one I got to hack and use for playing switch games, that's what I currently use it for.

However, just in case I had issues with the first one and it broke and was unrepairable without sending to nintendo, I bought a second as a back up. This I hacked and have been using it for retroarch.

I picked up a 3rd orginal v1 switch as a back up for the back up...

So, what else can I do with the 2nd switch, I want to keep one just for official nintendo games and keep one as a backup. however is there something interesting I can do with the second?

serious question guys, if you have more than one, what are you using them for?

/qt
donate one to me, you can :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2