Hacking What do YOU wanna see in Gateway's next update?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On the other hand, I'd like to see Gateway add support for retail cartridges in Gateway mode, and eliminate Classic mode.
Would be neater, and would allow real cards to work with SaveDataFiler w/ Gateway.
For me i really want GW support retain card in GW mode not classic mode
This has been possible since 2.6.x, you two don't own Gateways do you?

I have a 128 kb Ocarina of Time save I dumped from my cartridge before I sold it. I didn't realize it was useless!
Why is it useless?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
We all know it: 10.3 SysNAND support.

But what if we need to go further?

Like...

LIKE THIS (It's unofficial):

GATEWAY_3_7_2.png

Yep, these ideas look cool. :)

Here are some ideas I and a few other people considered:

- (Me) Find/Find Next/Find Previous buttons in the Hex Editor (The reason why is that we can find stuff in the Hex Editor easier. Like Nintendo Badge Arcade's plays we have, etc.)

- (Me) Searching by 64bit values in the Cheat Finder (Who else likes big? LOL)

- (Me) Numbers and CAPS letters while renaming cheats (Only lowercase letters are there. So why not numbers and CAPS so we can give an professional name?)

- (Me) O3DS support for the DS Profile Exploit (Who ELSE wants this? Only N3DS was supported.)

- (Me) Gateway's Auto-Downloader for Launcher.dat's and boot.3dsx's (You know, to stay up-to-date without removing the SD Card)

- (@antiswirl) MultiRom Menu sorting (Sort by list, sort by icon, sort by name, date, size, etc.)

- (antiswirl) Cheat management via homebrew (no need to remove the Gateway card)

- (antiswirl) Savestate manager (like in various emulators)

- (@guitarheroknight) A stable downgrade function for 9.3+ N3DS consoles

- (@gamesquest1) Select where SAV files can go (Either on the SAV folder or the root of the SD Card)

- (Me) Move Gateway Card games to a custom place on the MultiROM Menu (For additional sorting!)

- (@ScarletKohaku) Get the translated Fates DLC working

- [@!()] Remove all DRM

- [!()] Option to run .3ds files from 3DS SD card in the ROM menu

- [!()] Get rid of all the obfuscation and brick code

- [!()] Open-source everything

- (@Xenon Hacks) Fix the 3D bug even though its not super annoying.

- (@Xenon Hacks) A CIA converter app in the Gateway menu.

- (@Xenon Hacks) An official ROM patcher

- (@DjoeN) Use of 1 cheat database (Download new cheats online straight from Fort42 withoout removing the Gateway Card!)

- (DjoeN) Possibility to act like a real cartridge when a rom (3ds) is selected (so you can update games from eshop or pressing Y) (yeah, implement Sky3DS into Gateway, no need for hunting cia updates anymore

- (@Columbo2811) An easter egg showing the face of the lady with the red nails.

- (@majinspyda) Hack the bootrom to have permanent cfw

- (majinspyda) Launch gateway mode without red cartridge

- (majinspyda) Gateway card working like sky3ds cart on all firmware

- (@dpad_5678) Add support for retail cartridges in Gateway mode, and eliminate Classic mode

- (@ApolloCheese) Make (ambassador) gba games work (AGB Firm Support. Maybe we can add something to SysNAND that can let us redirect to EmuNAND all the time!)

- (ApolloCheese) Custom splash screen (.PNG/.BMP format)

- (ApolloCheese) Customize rom menu (ROM Menu THEMES!!!)

- (DjoeN) Possibility to act like a real cartridge when a rom (3ds) is selected (so you can update games from eshop or pressing Y) (yeah, implement Sky3DS into Gateway, no need for hunting cia updates anymore
Already kind of done, it acts like a retail cart in GW mode and you can download updates from eShop and they will work with the game (or even with Y as long as your emuNAND is on latest firmware)

- (@dpad_5678) Add support for retail cartridges in Gateway mode, and eliminate Classic mode
Already done, if you press select in Gateway mode you can switch between retail carts and GW.

- (Me) O3DS support for the DS Profile Exploit (Who ELSE wants this? Only N3DS was supported.)
I don't think anyone cares anymore after they added a .3dsx launcher. That's pretty much all anyone ever needs.

I agree with many of those ideas though, and on top of that, there's one feature I'm missing, and that is searching for unicode/ascii strings in the cheat menu, as well as searching for an array of bytes (although you can technically search for 4 bytes by using 32-bit unsigned search, it doesn't show the values in hex and therefore makes that very difficult.) It would make making certain cheats much easier.

And lastly, I would like it if the cheat searcher was switchable between hex/dec.

boymatkieng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Already kind of done, it acts like a retail cart in GW mode and you can download updates from eShop and they will work with the game (or even with Y as long as your emuNAND is on latest firmware)

Already done, if you press select in Gateway mode you can switch between retail carts and GW.

I don't think anyone cares anymore after they added a .3dsx launcher. That's pretty much all anyone ever needs.

I agree with many of those ideas though, and on top of that, there's one feature I'm missing, and that is searching for unicode/ascii strings in the cheat menu, as well as searching for an array of bytes (although you can technically search for 4 bytes by using 32-bit unsigned search, it doesn't show the values in hex and therefore makes that very difficult.) It would make making certain cheats much easier.

And lastly, I would like it if the cheat searcher was switchable between hex/dec.
Thanks. In gateway manual does not guide how to use retain card in GW mode. Just knew it.

wawnord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Easy Emulator support for GBA/NDS/GB from Redcard
2. If getting back from systemsettings in Emunand , it would be nice to stay on emunand and not kicked back to sysnand.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Theres some good stuff here I'd like to see too most important stuff for me personally:
-GBA/DSI-Ware Support
-Multirom menu ordering options

Some new stuff I came up:
-Play NDS games with the Blue card in Emunand (when trying now the 3DS just freezes)
-A PC application to convert NTR cheat.plg to GW cheats (I dint think this is possible but oh well)
-Better cia theme support (I think not everything is working on GW like in CFW)

thats it I think :-)

Reactions: Azel

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Gateway will do anything that we want in time with reason....

but removing the brick code thats a pipe dream.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Compatibility with DS backups. (In OSD menu)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

DSiWare and GBA,instant-boot in GW mode without pass the launcher menu,Xenoblade on original 3DS.
(Yes,i know the last one its impossible,i was joking...)

A sticker that doesnt peel off...

Use savedatafiler/save_manager with retail carts in GW mode emuNAND...

Auto-updating the launcher.dat...

Dump carts directly to .CIA format.
Copy .3ds backups on console's SD to GW cart.

This is the list for saying "GW worth the price". (Except the "Xenoblade on O3DS" thing.)

Last edited by yacepi15,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.