Gaming What do you think is the best PSP firmware?

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'd have to go with 5.00 also. It's the version that cracks the pandora-proof motherboard and added functionality like voice actuated GPS.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the firmware just upgrade again to 5? I thought it was on 4.05. I was going to say that wast best just because it has all the upgrades and I don't pirate the thing so that's a non-factor.

Now I have to go digging their stupid website I'm not used to yet to find out what the hell it does.

Tortimer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
--=[ Darwin Haiku ]=--
Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity, Kills absolutely.

Wonder how long he/she has to live?
rolleyes.gif

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GBA_Temper said:
ENDscape said:
I prefer the old 3.40oea or 3.03 oec

cool alot of people really love that firmware...

LOL. Only reason why i love it is because it was a big deal when it came out. A huge improvement, i mean PSX emulation (built in), can play games from the memory card( no need for devhook), and customizing themes.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.60 e-loader, 280 OE-C I think it was called, then I was using 3.40 OE, went to 4.01 M33 now or something like that.....its still good, like all of those that I have named.

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, if somebody helpful could help me understand better:

The whole purpose of modding your PSP is to downgrade to version 1.5 firmware, and then to upgrade from there right?

And then everytime you want to upgrade, you need to downgrade to 1.5 and then upgrade?

The whole firmware thing confuses me, so if anyone could point me to a step by step guide, that would be greatly appreciated.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it depends on what version of the psp you have. If you got a phat psp then yes, you would have to downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade from there, if you have the slim then you would have to have someone with custom firmware to make a pandora's battery for you and install the firmware from a magic memory stick. As for updating custom firmware to newer versions, just copy the installer to the \psp\game folder and run it, just make sure you are already using a custom firmware and not the official firmware.

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
knoxvillz said:
it depends on what version of the psp you have. If you got a phat psp then yes, you would have to downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade from there, if you have the slim then you would have to have someone with custom firmware to make a pandora's battery for you and install the firmware from a magic memory stick. As for updating custom firmware to newer versions, just copy the installer to the \psp\game folder and run it, just make sure you are already using a custom firmware and not the official firmware.

Alright, sounds easy. Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye