Gaming What do you expect from Pokemon Black 2 and White 2?

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm expecting that I'll have to make another choice on which game to play. And I'm also expecting an influx of Pokenoobs asking for r0mz when it's scene released.
Your mentioning Pokénewbies reminded me of the Pokéradicals (those who want character customization, a "real" RPG plot, so on...). I wonder if the sequels were made specifically to attempt to placate the Pokéradicals (especially considering that one thing for which the Pokéradicals asked is a true and honets sequel opposed to a Polymerization of the previous separate versions).

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily, nobody liked B/W. Maybe they weren't done all the way because at the same time they'd been developing B/W2.

I'm not sure about the nobody liking it part, from what I have seen the main complaints are that they didn't do anything really different from past entries, and that it was on the DS instead of the 3DS.

Anyway it is possible that they were all being developed together, but who knows for certain. There is always the possibility that this is a 'milk the older gen console' idea like they have done in the past (Yellow when GBC was out, Crystal when GBA was out, Emerald when DS was out), but at least this time we are being told it is a sequal instead of the expected '3rd version' in the generation, so expectations are a bit higher this time around

Reactions: 1 person

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seeing as it has an expected release date which is quite soon, and the regional release gap is also quite small (from what I have read), I have to assume that it will use quite a bit of material from B & W (Areas, Towns, blah blah blah), or has been in development for quite some time and the whole thing has just been kept really hushed.
Not necessarily, nobody liked B/W. Maybe they weren't done all the way because at the same time they'd been developing B/W2.
Lots of people liked Black and White.It offered something new.

For me personally Black is my second favorite Pokemon game after RSE

Reactions: 2 people

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting for actual gameplay footage. If it's actually a legit sequel or prequel then I'll most likely be playing it because I loved B/W. But to be honest I see this just as extra content and I don't expect it to be as long as previous pokemon games.

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I'm actually really hyped about this one as Pokemon Black is one of my favorites.

And i hope it'll be a completely different region which is larger of course.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking it will be a new game in terms of story. It won't just be a re-hash. I'm thinking it will be trying to track down N or something like that, maybe he will help you against your new enemy. Also, like others have said, there will most likely be a battle frontier and a safari zone. I also think we will get the same starters or maybe starters from other generations but with their dream world abilities.

Hopefully I'm right, and it's not just Pokemon Grey. -_-

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knows tons of people that loved B/W, including myself. Actually, not until I started frequenting this forum did I know people hated it with such disdain.

Reactions: 1 person

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm glad they put Cynthia in B/W. That fact alone made me like it a lot more than I should have.
Plus Rasheim doesn't look bad as a legendary (besides for the thermal jet engine that doubles for a tail)

What do I expect out of B/W 2? Not much actually. There isn't much left to do that hasn't been done before.
But still, surprise me Ninty.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this game has anything to do with N, it's an insta-buy.

But if I see another Pokemon like this or this... I will not like it, Sam I Am.

anerik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I want they to change the whole game, not to add more and more pokemons... I want BETTER sprites, i want ur whole team following u (or 3, at least), battle system its pretty good, i dont expect changes there...What else? I want u to "train" ur pokemon like in ninokuni... U can feed them, play with them, etc... They could add another region like in heartgold/soulsilver... I don't know. They could do a lot of things instead of JUST ADDING more and more pokemons

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Id like to see more "effects" from the attacks, with more animations in battle. I understand the battle animations id rather limited and maybe it would be better to save it for a 3DS version. But if the battle system was more in the likes of Golden Sun, i'd love the game.

lewyp1

The Greatest Evil Genius/Mad Scientist in history.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hopefully this game will be epic and hopefully for Gen 6 on the 3DS they give us a battle layout similar to pokemon stadium, that would be awesome

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I Expect More Gym Leaders Pokemons,the Usual Pokemons aren´t really quite a Challenge so I will Expect More Pokemon of the Gym Leaders and Maybe a Dark Gym Leader,since Dark Pokemons are quite rare

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Some form of continuation and porting over of your character and Pokemon and stuff from the previous (kinda like the Zelda Oracle games and Mass Effect series) would be kinda cool. Though I'm not sure how that would physically work, unless you have a second DS... maybe you could "sync" your pokemon over wi-fi?

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some form of continuation and porting over of your character and Pokemon and stuff from the previous (kinda like the Zelda Oracle games and Mass Effect series) would be kinda cool. Though I'm not sure how that would physically work, unless you have a second DS... maybe you could "sync" your pokemon over wi-fi?
I don't think you can port over your pokemon until after beating the main game. And I don't think they'll give you the option of porting over your character ALONG with the pokemon either. If it did then you would have extremely OP pokemon from the previous game and all these items in your backpack. The game would be a cake walk if that was the case.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
True. but maybe that's the point: Perhaps the game won't be MEANT for people who haven't played the original, and it'll be really challenging. I mean, they DID say it would be more challenging, didn't they?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: