Gaming What Do You Consider Cheating in Pokémon

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
thing is illegal pokemon don't even work online so alll the genned pokemon being used online are legal and don't give you an unfair advantage the unfair advantage though is people who can't gen cause they have an updated 3ds while you can get good pokemon in 1 min and they spend hours meaning a player who gens is going to have flawless pokemon with all 6 ivs wheli a legit player may have 5 iv pokemon

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

lodart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that, as soon as you use a method that was not intended in the game, that's cheating. But cheating is not especially a bad thing.
The level of cheating that I allow me is just using a hacked 6 IV ditto to breed. What I consider reasonable during a fight is any legit pokémon, hacked or not, except full iv legendaries.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Depends.
If you're playing through the story and you use items or Pokemon that the game doesn't give you access to, I'd consider that cheating.
If you're just battling, I'd only consider Pokemon that have impossible-to-obtain moves or stats cheating.

That being said, if you battle me and win, I'd consider that cheating.
but... I like my flamethrower farting floatzel... :sad:

Reactions: Hyoretsu

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's possible to do in-game, then creating that exact some pokemon is fine by me. 200 hours vs 30 minutes to create the perfect team is of no difference to me when they're my opponent. Cheating gives an unfair advantage. Cutting down work getting from point A to point B is fine by me.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
still people still trade hacked pokemon on trade sites that don't allow it but they don't get banned because they make sure its 100% legal in every way so its untellable from a legit mon and they don't get banned there's no stopping cheating people will think your mons are legit if you gen them correctly it also means you can use hacks in vgc with out getting caught theres no stopping it because if you did not breed it yourself and got it off the wifi theres no way to tell if its hacked and if proofs required hacks allow them to fake it such as making all the pokemon shiny etc ot using mystery machine

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I consider cheating to be invalid move sets and IV/EV combinations. I do not care if someone makes their starter have a Luxury Ball or catches trainer's Pokemon (has invalid data related to location met,etc). I also do not care about the people that create perfect IV dittos either, you will never find one given the current odds anyway.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
I consider anything done to any pokemon/savefile using coding other than the coding done by GameFreak to be cheating.

If you didn't do it in the game itself, it's not legit IMO.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I consider anything done to any pokemon/savefile using coding other than the coding done by GameFreak to be cheating.

If you didn't do it in the game itself, it's not legit IMO.
What if you got all Pokés of that generation EXTREMELY LEGIT (no cheats or hacks involved in any part) and used PKHeX just to convert them into pk7 files to import them on XY?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people even care how others choose to play? Lose online to some one who "cheats", suck it up and move on to the next battle.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
I would consider it to be cheating if the gened Pokemon has stats/abilities/move sets that could not normally be obtained through normal means. A gened Pokemon made just to avoid chain breeding and training for egg moves/ perfect IV's and the EV's you want is not really cheating, just laziness.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now I only have two more questions: How exactly does trading works and would you consider transferring from Gen 3 ROMs to Gen 4 ROMs through an emulator legit? Some of them have a GBA slot functionality.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I consider the following cheating:
"Obtaining anything that is outside the normal means of the game"
This includes:
-Exploiting in-game glitches to obtain Pokemon or Items not normally obtainable
-Using Power Saves
-Using the NTR Cheat Plugin to obtain items/Pokemon/etc
-Using PKHeX PKSV or any other save-editing program*
--THIS EXTENDS TO OFFSPRING FROM POKEMON GENERATED WITH PKHeX, PKSV, Cheats, etc.
*-There is an exception this this; if a save-editing program was used to migrate Pokemon from one game to another but the Pokemon themselves were captured via means normally obtainable in-game. (NO, the Hall of Origin Arceus doesn't fall under this.)
*-Editing your save to inject Wonder Cards
*Exception: Dumped Legitimate WonderCards from events that happened in your region.

Examples:
Using PKHeX to gen Pokemon - CHEATING
Using PKHeX to migrate Pokemon from Gen 3 to Gen 7 AFTER POKEBANK IS RELEASED FOR GEN 7 - Exception/not cheating/
Using PKSV's Bank feature to migrate Pokemon between games - not cheating.

Last edited by DJ91990,

Simon Blackquill

Trophies
XP
Country
thing is illegal pokemon don't even work online so alll the genned pokemon being used online are legal and don't give you an unfair advantage the unfair advantage though is people who can't gen cause they have an updated 3ds while you can get good pokemon in 1 min and they spend hours meaning a player who gens is going to have flawless pokemon with all 6 ivs wheli a legit player may have 5 iv pokemon

A Necrozma with HP Fighting can be used online despite not being legitimately possible :P

unlitmoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything that you cannot do in the vanilla game without modified hardware or software.

I would say on the trading front that anything you can do that doesn't require software or hardware modification to make happen would be considered legit.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is it cheating if i backup my save for example Pokemon X then get all 3 starters by exporting/importing save with JKSM and with the help of PHBank and cloning some of them to be able to have a living dex?

i dont edit anything to their stats or create an entirely new pokemon, just cloning to get all forms of the evolutions of individual pokemon like cloning charmander, deposit the clone, evolve charmander to charmeleon and clone+deposit charmeleon and continue the original to evolve to charizard thus having all three evolutions without breeding?

then injecting Pokemon X save to Pokemon Y to the point where you battle Prof Sycamore at the lab to get Charizardite Y and X without having to start an entirely new game on the other version? so it would end up i played/completed both versions in one go..

i intend to save/backup it again to the point before meeting the legendaries to be able to get Xerneas and Yveltal again without starting a new game on the other version..

am asking because im not sure if you guys would consider it cheating or if my pokemons that i caught are legit or legal?

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
is it cheating if i backup my save for example Pokemon X then get all 3 starters by exporting/importing save with JKSM and with the help of PHBank and cloning some of them to be able to have a living dex?

i dont edit anything to their stats or create an entirely new pokemon, just cloning to get all forms of the evolutions of individual pokemon like cloning charmander, deposit the clone, evolve charmander to charmeleon and clone+deposit charmeleon and continue the original to evolve to charizard thus having all three evolutions without breeding?

then injecting Pokemon X save to Pokemon Y to the point where you battle Prof Sycamore at the lab to get Charizardite Y and X without having to start an entirely new game on the other version? so it would end up i played/completed both versions in one go..

i intend to save/backup it again to the point before meeting the legendaries to be able to get Xerneas and Yveltal again without starting a new game on the other version..

am asking because im not sure if you guys would consider it cheating or if my pokemons that i caught are legit or legal?
well if you have pokebank you can get all 3 starters by puttign them on bank and creating a new file you can also do it with legendaries but you would have to play thu most of the story again to get another one

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I see no reason why they wouldn't be. At the end of the day, you're just making save backups. People have been doing equivalent things since the days of Pokémon Stadium, and I don't think the use of homebrew/Powersaves makes a significant difference other than in convenience. The only issue I see is the injecting Pokémon X save into Pokémon Y, as you could end up with having X exclusives listed as being caught in Y (or vice-versa).

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: owek1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.