Hacking Homebrew Pokemon .main (save) files for Pokemon Home

monalisashusband

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guam
Hi all! Reddit has not been so kind in responding to my inquiry (left without comments) so posting on the OG.

I am trying to upload all mons from Switch line games to Pokemon Home. Saves coming from CFW Emunand are being transferred to CFW Sysnand (not banned yet). By now I have a good grasp on how to do this seeing so many people have posted the same. (Using JKSV, etc.)

The thing is I do not have any legit copy of the games and from what I understand Pokemon Home only needs the save file to view/upload mons (games not required to be installed)

My questions are:
1.) Is my understanding correct? That only save files are required for Pokemon Home?

2.) Do I need to have a legit copy of the game to proceed with my devious plans? Or can I just transfer the save to my CFW Sysnand?

I am planning to make my living dex and would just like to check the cost implication. Managed to download Pokemon Bank on my CFW 3DS before eShop shutdown and with PkHeX I can pretty much gen mons from Virtual RBY, GSC, BW, BW2, XY, ORAS, SM, USUM then teansfer to Home. Only lacking now would be LGPE, SwSh, PLA, BDSP and SV (which I have flawless save files with legal genned mons for)

monalisashusband

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guam
Thanks for the reply Hayato, but gbatemp algorithms worked and suggested a similar thread with another user that has the same question. OPs question was how to create a save on Sysnand without the game (same purpose of uploading mons to Pokemon Home), here's the answer for this one:

a combination of these guys should get you there…will have to be crafty for sure.

NXNANDManager — Backup or restore any Switch's NAND plus a lot more

EMUTool — Move Copy Backup and Restore your emunand

Hacdiskmount

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply Hayato, but gbatemp algorithms worked and suggested a similar thread with another user that has the same question. OPs question was how to create a save on Sysnand without the game (same purpose of uploading mons to Pokemon Home), here's the answer for this one:

Well regardless, if you don't have a legit copy, if you go online on pokemon home with a pirated copy you would get banned.

DarkVoidPeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Can't use pokemon home if you don't have legit copy.
Even with the save injected? Emm... So, if I have an original digital Pokemon game, I uninstall it, but keeps the save... It will work anyways?

That's the same way if I inject a pokemon save to OFW without the game.
Or maybe Pokemon HOME searches and confirm the database if the user have an original copy of a Pokemon game?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with the save injected? Emm... So, if I have an original digital Pokemon game, I uninstall it, but keeps the save... It will work anyways?

Or maybe Pokemon HOME searches and confirm the database if the user have an original copy of a Pokemon game?

Yes because running homebrew/pirated game would get you banned.

jojoeds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Nah.. It's all good if you're only injecting saves and not installing NSPs. I did this myself I don't own LGP and BD but I injected save files for them. It's been months since and I'm still not banned. If you need help injecting saves how I did it just ask here. You don't need to install games to have save files for them.

Reactions: DarkVoidPeru

DarkVoidPeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Nah.. It's all good if you're only injecting saves and not installing NSPs. I did this myself I don't own LGP and BD but I injected save files for them. It's been months since and I'm still not banned. If you need help injecting saves how I did it just ask here. You don't need to install games to have save files for them.
Oh, so, I can inyect Pokemon saves to my OFW, and then transfer them to Pokemon HOME? (Yeah, I know, "legit" pokemons)
Or if you have your own method, please, teach me how to do that:bow:

kappatre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica

Hi! Are you still not banned?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn