Hacking What do I need and is my idea even possible atm?

GamingAori

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
I want to buy me a DS VC Game tomorrow for installing CBHC (the haxchi autoboot). I just want to have a regionfree console and install free games, updates and dlc, and maybe homebrew but I'm not sure about that. So rednand would be important for that? But I heard that the vwii does not work in rednand is this still true? when it's true can I autoboot into rednand and when I press A on boot I boot into sigpatched sysnand for starting the vwii, or does even exist a way to start directly into vwii? does exist other problems with rednand and do I need to format my sysnand and reinstall every game to rednand for more safety?
I use the vwii for homebrew especially ctgp revolution.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to make a redNAND to install games. Sig patching sysNAND is enough. vWii will work with sysNAND but you can't boot it by holding "B" at he wii u logo as cbhc is already booted by them.

redNAND allows extra safety. You don't need to format sysNAND to use redNAND..

Reactions: GamingAori

Orion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you don't need rednand at all it's not really usefully to the "end user" more for devs. You only need lastest CBHC install for regionfree, updates, dlc, and unsigned tik/games and hombrew. Just follow the guides...

lebrawurschd

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You dont want rednand at all rednand is useless atm,
You dont want mochaCFW because CBHC has its own firmware and mixing it up with mocha or any other firmware in Sysnand will crash alot.
You want Haxchi + CBHC wich grants you a Regionfree Sysnand and VWII will work ;)
You also want a SD Card big enough to host the games for the installation.
You also should Create a Nand Backup of youre WII U.
Simple follow this Guide and skip step 4 https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

Orion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go @GamingAori 10 easy steps!! (Any corrections are welcome!)

WARNING: YOUR DS VC TITLE SHOULD BE INSTALL TO SYSTEM NAND!!!!
WARNING: YOUR DS VC TITLE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PURSHASED FROM ESHOP!!!!

1. Download lastest Haxchi and CBHC from here: https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases
2. Extract both Haxchi 2.3u1 and CBHC 1.4 to the root of your SD CARD.
3. UNPLUG YOUR USB HDD
4. Run web exploit(from http://loadiine.ovh/ via your WIIU web browser), launch (HBL)Homebrew Launcher
5. Run Haxchi 2.3u1 installer from HBL find your DS VC title, click "A" button to select title click "A" button again to confirm install, you should boot back to system.
5.5 Optional: Reboot..
6. Run Haxchi from system menu, you should enter HBL, run CBHC 1.4 installer from here as you now know your haxchi version works.
7. Find your DS VC title, click "A" button to select title click "A" button again to confirm install. You should boot back to system.
8. Launch CBHC from here, set system menu as your default under/by autoboot then click "A" button on system menu, You should boot back to system menu.
9. REPLUG your USB.
10. Reboot and enjoy cfw.

WARNING: P.S. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU EVER DELETE YOUR DS TITLE/CBHC or you will enter and unrecoverable BRICK!!!!!

P.S. While in System Menu/Fix94 CFW, Your No Longer able to DELETE or MOVE your DS VC TITLE! Thanks!! @FIX94

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-