Technik

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I already have a CISO ready to use on a usb loader but how do I use it? I'm all confused with things like partions and formatting things.

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as the formatting of your hard drive goes. I would recommend using WBFS Manager 3.0 which you can get HERE. Your hard drive must be formatted in WBFS format. You can not just format the hard drive with FAT32 or NTFS which is how windows will format it. You have to use a WBFS Manager like the one I have linked to format your USB hard drive. Make sure anything you have on the hard drive you backup before formatting because you will loose it. Also do you already have homebrew channel installed? That is the very first step.

Midnightzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For an example, my 1.5TB HDD has 3 partitions:

1GB FAT -> 500GB WBFS -> 900GB NTFS

FAT Partition is used for my loader and the cover art (Configurable USB Loader)
WBFS Partition is used for the disc images (cISO files)
NTFS Partition is used for other media, like music and movies (Videos with GeeXBox and audio with DMP)

I have found that games are about 2-3gb each, as an average... (Wii Sports is very very small as opposed to SSBB which is very large) I currently have about 90 games on my 500gb partition and am no where near filling it up.

I'd also agree with the poster above me, use WBFS Manager 3.0, should work out for you very well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: