What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I beat Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for only my second time ever today. Forgot how hard that final boss battle can be, no matter how well prepared you think you are. I don't even know how I beat it the first time, since I was so young when I last played it.

Definitely one hell of a good game though, and I'm pretty glad that I own it.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I beat Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for only my second time ever today. Forgot how hard that final boss battle can be, no matter how well prepared you think you are. I don't even know how I beat it the first time, since I was so young when I last played it.

One of my favourite games. I still have yet to beat the last boss, but I'll get around to it soon. My friend always pesters me about how much I suck because he can beat the game 100% so perfectly, but I also have troubles against that last boss.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

I really need to get back to that game. Last time I played was a year and a half ago, at least, and I had only gotten to, like, the second boss on my first playthrough before stopping. It's on my "to play" list, though.

D

Deleted_171835

Played a little bit of Mirror's Edge and holy fuck, the game is gorgeous. Maxed out with 4x AA (#pcmasterrace) is a sight to behold.

While I'm not too fond of the animated cutscenes right now, parkour elements are really fun.

Played some more Mass Effect 2, Garrus is a true bro.

jPg0k8WvLpiWu.png

Reactions: lufere7

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Uncharted: GA, about 50% done with Chrushing difficulty. All chapters so far are 100% with treasures, only a few treasures left for the last stages from my Hard difficulty game.

ps. I apologize my language, but Chase is a slow daughter of a B**** in chapter 11! Jesus f'ing f. Took me like 45 minutes to complete the short 30 sec run through because I kept on hitting Chase and ended up being gunned down..

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I got the bow in the first Legend of Zelda (NES). I also made it to the boss in dungeon #1 without blowing any holes in the walls :D .
(dungeon #1 is actually the 2nd dungeon I'm going through. It's interesting going back to a Zelda game that you don't actually have to do in order.)

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After about 1 hour I got the the boss fight in Spelunky. I couldn't figure out what to do so I died. I then played for another hour and never got to him again. Out of those two hours of playing I never unlocked a new character either. How can a game so difficult be so fun?

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just beat New Mario Bros U 100% (got it as a christmas present). And, in all honesty, I was somewhat disappointed with how easy this game is. It's not as bad as 3D Land (the low difficulty in that one actually pissed me of), but it's still pretty easy.
Fortunately it was still fun, and I loved the paint levels.

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Finally finished Lego Lord of the Rings with 100% complete (Took longer than I thought). Not as awesome as the last Lego game (Lego Batman 2), but still a pretty fun game. Moving on to Paper Mario: Sticker Stars and Project X Zone (both 3DS) next.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Despite being ill and hospitalised, I still managed the following:

- Got two more badges in the Pokemon Emerald 386 hack, which is alarmingly difficult. My team's in its mid 50's and still ten levels below the next gym trainer's guys, and he has type advantage. Word of advice. Don't rely on a high level Blaziken in a psychic type gym...now Blastoise on the other hand...

- Acquired a new copy of Resident Evil Revelations for my 3DS, thanks to my treasured friend Amelia. She went to get some decent food from my local Asda when she grabbed some of my clothes, and found it in there for only a TENNER. Fucking sweet deal. I had it when it first came out but I had to sell it because my now thankfully ex girlfriend needed to pay her rent and I'm the only one with anything of value to sell to help her out. She was meant to replace it when she got her new job, but since I couldn't rely on her to not wrap her lips around another guy's dick, it seems only logical to assume that I can't rely on my game showing up either.

- Started work on my new Pokemon fanfic. I finally got sick of the lack of growth in the games, and figured that much like my project to finally settle the whole 'love triangle' bollocks of Final Fantasy VII, if I want to see something happen I may as well make it happen myself. So I've begun preliminary character development on the darker tale that the series deserves.

Not bad considering I get interrupted every few minutes by doctors wanting more of my bodily fluids. I tell you, there's nothing quite like being attended to by a gorgeous young nurse and having to hand her a jar of urine. Write your phone number on the side all you like, she ain't callin'...

D

Deleted_171835

Played some Peacewalker on my Vita and err, it's not as good as I thought it would be.

- AI is utter crap. I was crouched right in front of of an enemy and he didn't even react.
- Some of the elements that I liked from Snake Eater are gone (camo index for one)
- Visuals and framerate are worse than expected but I'm sure I'll get used to it. If only Konami ported over the HD version instead of leaving us with the PSP game.
- X-ray vision in the beginning of the game to check out some girl. Oh Kojima...

Hope it improves as I play some more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally