Hacking What can i do

Stewart McAloney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey i am a complete noob when it comes to cfw on 3ds and i know a bit about cards.

I have a 3DS XL on 9.4.0-21E

I know that if i buy a card i can only get Sky3DS.

I am trying not to buy a card as don't want to pay all that money and if it breaks or doesnt work cant get a refund.

From a bit of reading on site i am confused about cfw, regarding if i can do it, downgrading as i am on 9.4, what you need to do it, can you play roms, etc

Can someone help me as i am really confused even after reading tutorials.

Thank you in advance

Stewart McAloney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thank you for your reply

forgot to say what about installing regionthree because i read one form that said if you install region three you can downgrade?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
no, you can use region free to use imported games, or roms from other regions using sky3ds....but it doesn't allow you to downgrade, downgrading is limited to 9.2 or below

PS, regionthree isn't "installed" it uses the browser exploit to launch a out of region game....you need to repeat the process every time you want to play a out of region rom/cart

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nope, had my gateway for a long time now, way before sky3ds was released.....for me i enjoy rom editing and stuff, which is only really doable on gateway....but with the release of spidertools, its now somewhat possible with sky3ds, but only at basic levels, and they aren't permanent

personally gateway gives more for your money, but as your on 9.4 gateway isnt an option for you, its also said that sky3ds is easily blockable with a FW update, so always wait to run any updates and check on here first to be safe

(inb4 "why you say it will be blocked, blah blah blah....shut it, we dont need another one of those threads, i said its "said" to be not "IT WILL!".....better safe than sorry)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1