What can i do

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Stewart McAloney, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Stewart McAloney
    OP

Stewart McAloney Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2015
    Hey i am a complete noob when it comes to cfw on 3ds and i know a bit about cards.

I have a 3DS XL on 9.4.0-21E

I know that if i buy a card i can only get Sky3DS.

I am trying not to buy a card as don't want to pay all that money and if it breaks or doesnt work cant get a refund.

From a bit of reading on site i am confused about cfw, regarding if i can do it, downgrading as i am on 9.4, what you need to do it, can you play roms, etc

Can someone help me as i am really confused even after reading tutorials.

Thank you in advance

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    can't do anything other than sky3ds(and rebrands) on a 9.4 system

3. Stewart McAloney
    OP

Stewart McAloney Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2015
    thank you for your reply

forgot to say what about installing regionthree because i read one form that said if you install region three you can downgrade?

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    no, you can use region free to use imported games, or roms from other regions using sky3ds....but it doesn't allow you to downgrade, downgrading is limited to 9.2 or below

PS, regionthree isn't "installed" it uses the browser exploit to launch a out of region game....you need to repeat the process every time you want to play a out of region rom/cart

5. Stewart McAloney
    OP

Stewart McAloney Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2015
    ok thank you very much

hope you don't mind me asking have you bought SKy3ds?

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    nope, had my gateway for a long time now, way before sky3ds was released.....for me i enjoy rom editing and stuff, which is only really doable on gateway....but with the release of spidertools, its now somewhat possible with sky3ds, but only at basic levels, and they aren't permanent

personally gateway gives more for your money, but as your on 9.4 gateway isnt an option for you, its also said that sky3ds is easily blockable with a FW update, so always wait to run any updates and check on here first to be safe

(inb4 "why you say it will be blocked, blah blah blah....shut it, we dont need another one of those threads, i said its "said" to be not "IT WILL!".....better safe than sorry)