Question What bounties did you guys have in mind?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So this is something that's been on my mind for a while. What happens if a Patron wants to enter a project? If it's the Patrons that are deciding who gets the bounty, then there's going to be quite the uproar if one happens to win it. I just can't think of a way around it. You can say their status had nothing to do with it, but it isn't as easy to show no bias as it is with the raffle. I suppose it's just something to keep in mind when coming up with the finalised format for the bounties.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this is something that's been on my mind for a while. What happens if a Patron wants to enter a project? If it's the Patrons that are deciding who gets the bounty, then there's going to be quite the uproar if one happens to win it. I just can't think of a way around it. You can say their status had nothing to do with it, but it isn't as easy to show no bias as it is with the raffle. I suppose it's just something to keep in mind when coming up with the finalised format for the bounties.
Why? When a candidate is running for president, he also votes. And ofc he votes for himself, but it is only one vote and it is to be expected.
Nobody would say that Trump won because he was allowed to vote for himself, and sure that wouldn't be a reason for uproar.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why? When a candidate is running for president, he also votes. And ofc he votes for himself, but it is only one vote and it is to be expected.
Nobody would say that Trump won because he was allowed to vote for himself, and sure that wouldn't be a reason for uproar.
It comes down to what this line means:
Patreon said:
You will be part of a special member group that will have a right to vote in the GBAtemp Bounty ($2+ backers)
If that means only Patrons are allowed to vote for a winner, it will 100% seem unfair to people who aren't Patrons trying to win. Your argument would hold if everybody on Temp had a vote. I'm not trying to be a pain here, but it's better to address these things before they actually become an issue.

Reactions: Chary

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It comes down to what this line means:

If that means only Patrons are allowed to vote for a winner, it will 100% seem unfair to people who aren't Patrons trying to win. Your argument would hold if everybody on Temp had a vote. I'm not trying to be a pain here, but it's better to address these things before they actually become an issue.
Well, when vipera does make his blog about it, we'll all just ignore him.

Reactions: Chary and Scarlet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY