what backup games can you play internet multiplayer on and whats frien

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by madeirabhoy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. madeirabhoy
    OP

Member madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

sorry for sounding thick (or being thick)

can you play multiplayer on internet with backup copies of say mario kart or call of duty or fifa or anything else. Will the server know you arent on an original?

and what are friend codes? do you need these to play multiplayer or can you just play a strangers?

thanks

2. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yes, as long as it runs fast enough, old pre 0.3 loaders couldn't go online due to very slow disc reading. And no, Nintendo is stupid in two ways:

• They can't tell a backup from an original if you play online.
    • Friend Codes are like a really long phone number, it's kinda a ridiculous system, maybe it would have been better if you only one person could register the other person's FC(Friend Code) and they could both play, but Nintendo wants "security." It's a ridiculous system and some games make you use FCs, but those are usually only the DS games. I'm pretty sure all Wii games have VS. Anyone play, but it's restricted. [​IMG] Not so much freedom as in a private match VS a "friend."

EDIT: Animal Crossing City Folk is the only game for the Wii that you can't play with "Anyone." It requires Friend Codes only. I think it's the only one that has that.

3. davhuit

Member davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Pokemon also have this problem (only friends codes battle) if I'm right.