Hacking What are the requirements to play a backup of SMG2?

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a WiiScrubbed version of Super Mario Galaxy 2 which I extracted together (lol oxymoron, but you know what I mean) using winrar and I burnt it onto a DVD. However, whenever I try to launch it on Neogamma R8 beta 1, it says "DVD Read Error (1020)" and goes back to the Neogamma menu. I've tried everything (I think), but I can't get it to work! I have IOS 249 rev 19 , IOS 222 v4, IOS 223 v4, and IOS 56 v5405 installed. Is there anything I missed? KNOW Anything else I need? PLEASE REPLY IF YOU ANYTHING THAT WILL MAKE IT WORK!!! (btw no modchips on wii, purely softmodded)

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mabye a Bad rip. Try using different versions of neogamma. Or you could try installing DARKCORP and play your games from disc channel. Or just play from usb.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
To play a Backup, you'll need:

-The Retail Disc (otherwise it isn't a Backup, important).
-A cIOS (249 rev19 with Base 57 would be a good choice).
-A DVD-R with good quality (Verbatim, for example).
-A good loader (latest NeoGamma is around 9 or something)
-A sucessful Burn. Use IMGBurn, around 4x-8x Speed, and verify.

If that won't work, check if your ISO is alright, for example with WIT (Wiimms ISO-Tools) using the verify-command, or try another brand of DVDs (if this is your first time with Loaders and stuff, and you don't know exactly that that brand worked before) and burn again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gt2ToRSjQA