Gaming What are the most disappointed DS games you've played?

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"ragnarok DS"

i've played RO for years...and shat bricks when i heard, that they've made a port for the NDS
...it failed really hard

completely changed maps, towns are "menus" (you're not able to walk around in towns...) and lame mobs, etc...
only one good thing: the music...it brings back so many memories...
closedeyes.gif

oh and those short, repetetive and lame zelda games...they suck

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.O.R.E.
It got delay after delay after delay. When I finally played it...it was horrible. I deleted it the next day I think.

adamshinoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendog series somehow is quite disapponting.The voice recognition never works well as it should be. Each time I want to call my dog I have to shout his name a million times
laugh.gif

mcr619619

Trophies
XP
Country
Yugioh games, zelda games,

and a little bit of POkemon, im no fan of pokemon, before bLACK, my lasy pokemon game was Sapphire, and there's something that B/W made something new, graphics and difficulty, sapphire was a breeze, Black wasn't..though still repetitive and they too coward to make some changes..

LOL at Zorua's " i don't like to look like a fanboy"
rofl2.gif

mothman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For me, so far.

The World Ends With You - silly using the stylus to fight
and having to fight on 2 different screens.

Summon night - Again with the stylus. loved the ds action. this one ugh.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well it took me a VERY short time to decide I didn't like TWEWY, and the fight system was what it was that made me think "uh, no." The stylus use was a good idea implemented poorly, but more importantly, the ADD-fueled ohmygodyouneedtolookateverythingonbothscreensatonceanduseeverybutton style was pretty much a dud to me.

mothman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
mothman said:
silly using the stylus to fight
I loled
alot
I mean, no one would suspect that you would fight with the touch screen on the system that uses it as its main feature.

the slashing i get.

the movement. that's what the arrows are for right?

and finally
ohmygodyouneedtolookateverythingonbothscreensatonceanduseeverybutton

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moon and metroid prime hunters. both decent fps's for the DS at the time but so bland and empty. Hunters was /only/ redeemed by multiplayer.

Also some of the Pokemon DS games not having the ability to switch for lefties while the other ones could. That killed it so fast for me. I am pretty sure it was D/P/P which could, and then HG/SS which couldnt so it was a regression in new games. pissed me right off.

also any Final Fantasy game on the DS and Shin Megami games, which looked cool but were too darn hard.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most disappointed DS games I've played? I dunno, I'm not qualified to judge the emotional state of a video game.
tongue.gif

Bad puns aside, the most disappointing DS games I've played have to probably be The World Ends With You and Heroes of Mana.

The World Ends With You I disliked because, as somebody stated earlier, I hated having to control two characters and play a rhythm-based minigame for each, AT THE SAME TIME. EVERY COMBAT. And the AI screws up more than you do, when you let it handle one character. Which is a shame, because I liked the story, and wanted to see more, but gave up a few hours in because the battle system was so poorly designed. I simply couldn't understand why so many people proclaim it to be the BEST DS GAME EVAR! So much hype for so much disappointment.

As a longtime fan of the Seiken Densetsu games (all the way back to Secret of Mana on the SNES; my brothers and I have logged untold hours playing that game), I was disappointed by Heroes of Mana, the shallow RTS that pretended to be part of the series. In this case, though, it's simply that the game isn't really memorable, as opposed to any specific crippling flaws. I liked Children of Mana; I went in with high expectations, only to have them dashed by a mediocre RTS wearing an RPG suit.

Those were my two big DS disappointments. That's not to say that those are the only two DS games I disliked, or even that they are the ones I disliked the most; simply that they were games where I went in with very high expectations, which were not realized.

mcr619619

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendogs blah blah..

i love dogs, but having shouting the same name again and again and most of the times it wasn't recognized/understand... and i spoke clearly, but they heard gibberish.

and for TWEWY, the top/lower screen were annoying in battle at the 1st 2-3 hours , but once you had you're techniques, it's amazingly fun, it's such a great game, just hope it has a MULTIPLayer/wifi battle .

and in Ragna DS, i wasn't expecting that mch but , it's pretty dissapointing, bland story, less jobs, repetitive Endless tower,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
4-leaf-clover said:
that sonic rpg game, i didnt like that you had to use the touch screen in fights
I agree with her. That game seemed like it had so much going for it. I mean it had Bioware working on it!

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pkl2007 said:
megaman starforce games i enjoyed the megaman battle network games i was so hyped for the starforce games but the gameplay was not good enough i couldnt't enjoy it as much.
this is how i feel
great gameplay in battlenetwork
then they f*ck it up with gimmicks 3d battles way stupider story. the only thing i liked was rouge because he looks bad ass

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.