Gaming What are some great ds games that are not known?

tenkai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive heard of the basic ds games.what are some not known ones or good looking games that are coming out soon?
nds.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chronos Twin is a pretty good one that no one's really heard of. The English on it isn't exactly "polished", but it's really unique gameplay and fun.

Giana Sisters DS is a decent platformer. Not exactly the Mario clone it was back in the day, but still very close.

As for upcoming, there's KH 358/2 in English, Modern Warfare Mobilized, COP: The Recruit, and LoZ: Spirit Tracks.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to try Soma Bringer. It's one of the best DS games ever, but most people have not heard of it because it was only released in Japan. However, there is an excellent 99% English translation patch.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rane909 said:
I'd Have to say Devil Survivor.. Such a GREAT .. DARK .. MATURE story, even if the female got a bit annoying

A) Very well known
B) "Dark" story? If you consider that dark than you must be really light. It's a bunch of weaboos running around Tokyo fighting demons, whoopdido.
C) It's still decent, though. A pretty nice RPG, I just got sick of it after a while. Some of the bosses just seem a little unbalanced than others, especially with the difficulty curve.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rane909 said:
I'd Have to say Devil Survivor.. Such a GREAT .. DARK .. MATURE story, even if the female got a bit annoying

Yuzu didn't get annoying, she just acted like anyone else would. Scared, terrified, and wanting to live. And escape from the nightmare they were in.

That said, I second Devil Survivor. I don't own many games physically, but it's one of the few that I do.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And like half the lists here, it's horribly outdated. Plus, Soma Bringer isn't listed as a must-play? RAAAAAGE!

But I agree, it's still worth a look.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. Some may argue that its not exctly not well known, but its one of those games so called "hardcore" gamers won't play. It has the children-ish graphics, but hell its the DS why care about graphics, its gameplay is amazing. Its a Zelda-eque adventure game, but theres tank battles later in the game, which are awesome. Though it would have been awesome if there was wifi...

Then some I think are underrated: XG Blast, its actually a pretty cool shoot em' up sort of game, not really well known and I wouldn't know i if not for Hadrian's thread. Dokapon journey, a borad game RPG with pretty unique style. Henry Hatsworth, a cool hybrid between puzzle and action platformer.

This just my opinion but I think you should have a go.

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I recommend playing two Sonic Rush games (Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure), two Mario games (New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart DS), Cooking Mama games, two Puyo Puyo games (Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary and Puyo Puyo 7) and Planet Puzzle Leage (Panel de Pon DS in Japan, Puzzle Leage DS in Europe). That's all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...