Hacking what about the virgin hdd?

dlxowhd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've seen some conflicting instructions on this.
so if my ext hdd is a virgin, meaning that it's right out of the box, never been used, never been formatted... literally right out of the box.
do i need to hook it up to pc first then format it to fat?
or can i just hook it up to wii, run the usb loader then format wbfs(?)

and can i put a back up dvd to my pc's dvd rom, extract the iso, then put it on the ext hdd using some kind of program?

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can just hook it up to the wii straight out of the box. USB Loader will say the HDD is not WBFS formatted, (if the drive is supported), then you can format it with the wii. Also there are programs out to put iso's on the hdd from a pc, though I havent tested any yet.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some drives come preformatted, some don't.

If you want to use both Wii games and use the drive for normal files you'll need to make separate partitions using your computer and then have the loader format one of them.

dlxowhd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't need a seperate partition since it's 320GB hdd and all 320GB will be dedicated to wii iso.
so if i hook it up to wii right out of the box, can i still use the windows wbfs program later to put iso on it via pc?

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya the windows program has all of the features of USB Loader on the Wii in terms of formatting HDD; On PC, games can be "installed" to the HDD if u have the .iso on ure computer, and games can be "installed" by USB Loader on the Wii if you have the disc in. Also, both the USB Loader and Windows Program can both format the HDD to WBFS, almost instantaneously. The PC program is a bit more robust, allowing you to also extract .iso's from the HDD onto your computer, and to list the file size of all the games on the HDD.

So, to simply answer your question, yes if you hook it straight up to the Wii and use Usb Loader to format to WBFS you can still use the Windows program to add games and such.

Also, if you do this make sure to update USB Loader to 1.1, as 1.0 had some problems showing the available space of the HDD (Huge 100GB+ drives were showing 3-5GB free in USB Loader 1.0 lol)

Hope this helps
smile.gif

dlxowhd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet,
yeah i have v1.1.
i wish there were some cool animated channel wad of usb loader v1.1.
oh and some of my games run choppy (gamma laucher), but it should go away with usb loader right?
what's the speed? around X12?

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
helloforum said:
dmonkey21 said:
Idk about the speed but it certainly seems much faster to load than originals. I have a cool animated channel that I found on another site. It's not the best, but it certainly is cool to have a fully animated channel for this
smile.gif

USB Loader 1.1 Animated Channel

Got a preview of that channel?
bannerjxa.jpg

The icons just kind of pulse in and out and it plays this cool classical music. Overall it's a really nice channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)