SSD Problem "Cannot Start. The appropriate storage was not found."

jenots

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
Heed some help.
I'm trying to change my PS3 internal HDD to SSD. Using Adata SU650 1TB. First time formatted and installed CFW as normal, (Although formatting went very fast from 60 to 100%. And update jumped from 26 to 100%) But after restart console showed black screen for a while and then "Cannot Start. The appropriate storage was not found." Same message shows up even when trying to get in safe mode.
Tried reformatting SSD drive using PC to Fat32. After that PS3 again asks to reinstall software, but every time stucks on Prepairing to update at 98%. Couldn't even get the PS3 to reformat that SDD anymore.
And always first time boot with formatted drive goes as expected, and after console restarts the "Cannot Start. [..]" error is back. And SSD isn't faulty, works fine on PC.

Now waiting for HDD Raw copy tool to finish cloning hdd to ssd. Don't know if that will work, but gave it a shot. Will post an update after it's done.

Only solutions found for this error was dying HDD or Clean dust and Reinsert drive. FFS.
Started to think, maybe that SSD is incompatible..?

P.S. First time installed that new SSD drive in PS3 out of the box. Never formatted, and didn't even connect to pc, so I don't know which FS it was on. Presumably NTFS on blank.
Or am I just dumb and this whole time using wrong FS format?

Anyone have a solution?
Post automatically merged:

Update.
HDD Raw Copy finished cloning hdd to ssd. Took about 7-8 hours. Still no luck, Again greeted with "Cannot Start. The appropriate storage was not found." message. Same when accessing safe mode.
Help, I've ran out of ideas. :(

Last edited by jenots,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...