WFBS Manager 3.0 help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by portable_d, Nov 24, 2010.

Nov 24, 2010

WFBS Manager 3.0 help by portable_d at 12:03 AM (1,240 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. portable_d
    OP

Newcomer portable_d Newbie

United States
    Okay, I go to add my game to my 2TB usb drive, and it says it did, but it never appears on the list of games on the drive or my Wii. Can someone tell me what to do to remedy this? thank you.

2. qwertymodo

Member qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I suggest using Wii Game Manager. It's a lot more up-to-date than WBFS Manager (which, btw I believe there is a v3.1 or v3.0.1 out, 3.0 is not the latest).

3. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    as an aside: not knowing what sort of drive it is, we have no idea if its compatible with usb loaders.

4. portable_d
    OP

United States
    It says western digital SATA 64MB Cache on it. Does that help? (sorry, I'm totally new to this stuff lol) Also, I was trying to put COD: BO on there, but I heard that game has issues with USB anyway. Dunno if it's true or not.

5. qwertymodo

United States
    The drive itself doesn't matter, it's the USB controller that determines its compatibility...

6. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    you might glean some info from here.

7. portable_d
    OP

United States
    Okay, that all checked out, so I'm going to assume it was the game itself, which is not even listed (though it only came out a few weeks ago) lol. I'll try an older game.

8. qwertymodo

United States
    Game compatibility has nothing to do with it not even showing up in the games list. Something went wrong when you copied it over. Try it again or try Wii Game Manager that I linked to above and see if you can get it to show up.

9. portable_d
    OP

United States
    I got Wii Game Manager it loads up, but I can't get it to do anything after that.

10. qwertymodo

United States
    What have you tried? Does it even recognize your WBFS partition? If not, reformat that partition, it's probably messed up and that's probably been your problem all along. And while you're at it, why not just ditch the WBFS partition altogether? Several popular USB Loaders are compatible with FAT32/NTFS partitions, either loading .iso or .ciso files (NTFS only) or .wbfs files (NTFS or FAT32). Wii Game Manager can handle creating .wbfs files just fine, and the split size is entirely a matter of preference, though I like having the 4gb splits so there are fewer parts.

11. alejolink11

Member alejolink11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had that same problem with my WD 500GB HD.

I just had to reformat it and it worked fine after that.
    Have you tried reformatting it. If that doesnt work maybe
    the ISOs your getting are in the wrong format*, or not legit.

* I had an issue once where there was an ISO I downloaded that was in a format that
    my wii couldnt read. I think the format was especially for burning it on a CD. That might be the prob.