Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Fishaman P said:
One more point in my argument against religion.
If you consider the Westboro Baptist Church a prime example of Christianity or religion in general, you need to sort of your views. That so-called "church" is a total joke in the face of religion itself.
Agreed. It's just as a joke like that one certain religious forum.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shear amount of ignorance in that "church" is infuriating. As a Christian myself, it shames me that they make the media and people start to view my religion based on them. While I don't approve of homosexuality, I don't judge either. The Bible clearly states that judgement is NOT for man to do. It does tell us to love each other as ourselves, and thus I do have gay friends. I may not approve their lifestyles, but their lifestyles aren't all of who they are either.

On this church's view of Steve Jobs, the only thing that comes to mind is Facepalm. If creating technological marvel after marvel makes somebody evil, then Bill Gates, Shigiro Miyamoto, and many other CEOs of all the tech we use will be joining him (some of which are openly Christian, and much better Christians than any of these protestors). If God wanted the iPhone created, then he did it THROUGH Jobs.

Now, to say this. I'm not downing anybody's beliefs, merely stating my own. If you don't agree, that's fine. You don't have to. I think we can all agree on this, though. This "church" is full of idiots, First Amendment Rights or not.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She's still alive? Thought she woulda been shot by now.
I wish i could shoot her and get away with it.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am going to be quite frank.

The Westboro Baptist Church is by no means a church. They are an abomination to the human race.

Vahnyyz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you know i'm completely behind marcusraven on this, and if/when you think about it the fact that this "church" did in fact look for "rights" and things to do things they can get away with is... to say the least bulls**t I'm a baptist, a fundamental baptist at that, and I would never and could never actually bring myself to do something like that to anyone, this "church" is just a wolf in sheeps clothing because their practices are far from what the Bible actually says. I will also add that this my opinion as well, and i agree with marcusraven, but if you don't like it that's fine. I won't judge you as long as you don't go out of your way to judge me too.

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate Westboro Baptist "Church". How can they even be called a church? A festering tampon has more right to be called a church.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarcusRaven said:
The shear amount of ignorance in that "church" is infuriating. As a Christian myself, it shames me that they make the media and people start to view my religion based on them. While I don't approve of homosexuality, I don't judge either. The Bible clearly states that judgement is NOT for man to do. It does tell us to love each other as ourselves, and thus I do have gay friends. I may not approve their lifestyles, but their lifestyles aren't all of who they are either.

On this church's view of Steve Jobs, the only thing that comes to mind is Facepalm. If creating technological marvel after marvel makes somebody evil, then Bill Gates, Shigiro Miyamoto, and many other CEOs of all the tech we use will be joining him (some of which are openly Christian, and much better Christians than any of these protestors). If God wanted the iPhone created, then he did it THROUGH Jobs.

Now, to say this. I'm not downing anybody's beliefs, merely stating my own. If you don't agree, that's fine. You don't have to. I think we can all agree on this, though. This "church" is full of idiots, First Amendment Rights or not.
Honestly, the reason they get so much media attention is because of the way they act. All out in the open, protesting against a soldier's funeral, for example, is going to get you noticed for sure. Though anyone with a brain should be quick to realize that these people are just stupid, and that they're being very ignorant, and that they shouldn't get any of this kind of attention, as that will just provoke them more to do more of this crap.

They should just be ignored.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's there to protest at a funeral? He's dead, he can't do anything to help you.
Regardless, she deserves to get shot. That's not religion, that's extremist hate towards anything and everything.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear cultists of the Westborough Douchebag Church of Satan,

Sod off and go to Hell.

Sincerely, someone who thinks people deserve to have a proper funeral.

PS. Maggie Phelps is dirty whore who wouldn't be loved by anyone even if hell froze over.

Hydreigon

Isn't that DELICIOUS!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, Westboro again.
closedeyes.gif

This is just absolutely ridiculous. I hope they all die a slow, painful death.

QUOTE said:
Ironically, her tweet showed as being posted from ... an iPhone.
lolwut.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Westborough Baptist Church is a part of Christianity? Gee, and this whole time I thought it was an offshoot of Satanism. These people, including Reverend Phelps, all need to be shot in their spinal cords, while having their stomach walls burst open and listen to Rebecca Black, Rick Astley and Trololol all at the same time. But to do that would only provoke them like the kid who threw the firecracker at the hornet's nest; all hell would break loose.

Sod off, WBC wankers.

Thesolcity said:
Before I clicked on the thread, I had a feeling it was them.
tpi.gif

Is their site back up?
tongue.gif

Did someone send a DDOS attack? Good.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer said:
Westborough Baptist Church is a part of Christianity? Gee, and this whole time I thought it was an offshoot of Satanism. These people, including Reverend Phelps, all need to be shot in their spinal cords, while having their stomach walls burst open and listen to Rebecca Black, Rick Astley and Trololol all at the same time. But to do that would only provoke them like the kid who threw the firecracker at the hornet's nest; all hell would break loose.

Sod off, WBC wankers.

Thesolcity said:
Before I clicked on the thread, I had a feeling it was them.
tpi.gif

Is their site back up?
tongue.gif

Did someone send a DDOS attack? Good.

Pfft that was a while ago.
tongue.gif

And yea I agree, they certainly don't seem to be perpetuating any teaching of Christianity but claim to be under its veil.
unsure.gif

EDIT: Nope, site is back up. But I will be poking around it....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.