Westboro "Church" wants to protest at Jobs' funeral

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I've posted a lot of news in the last 2 days but this needs to be seen.
QUOTE said:
A Kansas-based church, infamous for protesting at the funerals of dead American soldiers, now says it plans to picket at the funeral of Steve Jobs, although no funeral details have been publicly shared yet.
Margie Phelps, daughter of the Rev. Fred Phelps, pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, shared that news via Twitter. Ironically, her tweet showed as being posted from ... an iPhone.
The church — which mainly includes Phelps family members — have picketed military funerals around the country because they believe U.S. deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq are "God's punishment" for America's tolerance of homosexuality. In March, the Supreme Court ruled that the First Amendment protects the church members participating in such protests.
"Westboro will picket his funeral," tweeted Margie Phelps about Jobs. "He had a huge platform; gave God no glory & taught sin."
As to the criticism about her tweeting from an iPhone, Phelps also tweeted this: "Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell. God created iPhone for that purpose!
smile.gif
"
*snip
I guess nobody told her God didn't create the iPhone.
Source: MSNBC
http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2011/10...ve-jobs-funeral

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not if your a member of the Westboro Baptist Church a fake church that claims to be Christian, but is really just a hate group.

D

Deleted_171835

Images for those who can't read properly.
5kjVw.jpg

F5lMT.jpg

Stolen from reddit

This church is one big joke that relies on publicity given by people like us.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would shoot all these protestors down if they do this. Steve Jobs is a great man and doesn't deserve this.

EDIT: And why the hell does Steve Jobs have to serve God if he is Buddhist.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Churches are people and people are assholes. There is nothing wrong with someone touting that the are a church. Moreover, most people that follow a religion are hypocrites and use that particular god to further their own agenda.

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who'd what to protest Jobs? Steve Jobs is the best example of why I love corporations and capitalism. They make everyone's life richer, they create amazing technology, millions of jobs. I think Steve Jobs was the best example of why capitalism is the best system. Why the heck would you protest that?

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
For real? People retarded like them exist? Those retards are definitively not a son of god.
(Not that i believe in any of those religious thing, but this is outrageous!)

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
dickfour said:
Who'd what to protest Jobs? Steve Jobs is the best example of why I love corporations and capitalism. They make everyone's life richer, they create amazing technology, millions of jobs. I think Steve Jobs was the best example of why capitalism is the best system. Why the heck would you protest that?

Because when you're retarded, it is difficult to get a job. Not just anyone could work for Steve Jobs. You had to be competent.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
I would shoot all these protestors down if they do this. Steve Jobs is a great man and doesn't deserve this.

EDIT: And why the hell does Steve Jobs have to serve God if he is Buddhist.
Whoa, I had no idea he was Buddhist
unsure.gif
I must pray for him tonight while meditating.
closedeyes.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Fishaman P said:
One more point in my argument against religion.
If you consider the Westboro Baptist Church a prime example of Christianity or religion in general, you need to sort of your views. That so-called "church" is a total joke in the face of religion itself.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Fishaman P said:
One more point in my argument against religion.
If you consider the Westboro Baptist Church a prime example of Christianity or religion in general, you need to sort of your views. That so-called "church" is a total joke in the face of religion itself.
I agree. I have met people who act like that church, they bash me for being Buddhist and all claim that I am to go to hell, however, there are many sensible and smart Christians out there, I know of a few :3

D

Deleted_171835

dickfour said:
And he was also part of a company that employs slave labour in China just so we can get our gadgets. Great job, Steve!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1