Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've been procrastinating all my life. I've been putting things off not only until the last minute, but hours past the last minute, and then some. And secretly (and openly) hoping that if I ignore it long enough it will go away. It won't, of course. It didn't.

For the last five years, I've been doing pretty much nothing. At first I was just wasting time. Then I was putting things off until well behing the last moment. The deadlines were wooshing by. Then I was actively avoiding doing anything. Oh, I was aware of the situation, I knew I had to get off my ass and start doing something. But I did nothing. Well past the point of no return. For the past two years, I've been hiding, fingers in my ears, trying to lose myself in any escapism I could, and that my rapidly shrinking attention span could encompass, yelling lalalalaalaaaaaaaa at the mere thought of getting up and trying to get my life in order.

I've been putting off writing this post for a year now.

I have to go.

I mentioned the escapist activities? This forum was one of the places I could get pleasantly lost in for hours. Well, I can't do that any more. No hiding, no occupying my mind with stuff. I can't afford it any more. I really have no time for this. Or anything else, apart form work. Things to do. Time to leave. If all goes well, I'll be back soon enough. If not, it might be a while. But now, it's time to go.

I'm going to miss you.

See you guys around.
gbasp.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Go do what you have to do Veho, admitting you have to get your life together is the first step towards actually fixing it!

Work hard and good luck!

See you around
yaypsp.gif
!

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I have no desire to see you go,
I do understand your reasons behind it.

Visit us when you can.
I wish you all the best, my friend.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well Veho, it's been a wild ride. I'd make a corny joke, you'd laugh, others would jeer... and then we'd repeat the process. You have a logical perspective and a good sense of humor that I'm glad you shared with with us, and I'm certain those qualities will serve you well on your quest for a real life.

I went on a similar quest, as you may recall. I eventually returned to the forum (obviously) with a renewed perspective on life, and what was important to me. I had attempted to live up to the standards and goals set by others for too long, only to realize this is what made me happiest.

Now, I don't know if that will happen for you, nor do I wish my experiences on you. You'll likely forge your own path, and your own perspective on what reality has to offer. All I can do is wish you the best of luck in your attempt to craft your own life. Never let others tell you what you should be.

With that, I bid you adieu. Best of luck, Veho. Come back to us if and when you feel like it, and always leave'em laughin'.
ace.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to see you go Veho, but I completely sympathize with what you're going through.
frown.gif
I hope you can re-gain your focus, determination, and strength of purpose and accomplish what you've set out to do. Until then, I'll truly miss reading your posts.

Remember, a man who chases two rabbits catches none.
wink.gif

I always wonder if people actually come back and read the responses to these.
unsure.gif
Isn't that cheating?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think its very good of you to start doing something about your procrastination :]
hope all goes well and hopefully you'll be able to come back soon!

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you get all of the things sorted so you will come back here with a mind that's at ease. Well, that's how I feel when I finish work that I have procrastinated on... For some reason, I have to procrastinate to actually get it done. The outcome is worse when I finish something on time (well, mostly...)

See you again.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Veho.....I have nothing to say, you have left me without words here..
You're one of my favorite tempers, and I know you'll be back!! This place will loose one pig persona with you taking your time off!!

I will wait for your return, and your jokes..Good english, and witty posts!

Be sure you'll be missed, and if you don't get back after some time, I'll hunt you down and tie you in front of your PC!!
wink.gif

Best luck with straightening your life, and I hope it'll be fast and easy journey!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)