Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey folks,
i need help!
l_37220d7e669da7de2d9d32835474a0e2.jpg

it was just there this morning!
i think it has something to do with the touchscreen, because when i tap with my stylus on that area, it doesn't always respond.
so, if somebody knows how to fix it, please let me know.

chris

acoustic.digital

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i did that before, i can recalibrate the screen, so the touchscreen actually works, but the middle doesn't. only when i tap hard on it. but thats not the way it worked before lol

Posts merged

yes i had a screen protector and i thought that it is a bubble at first, so i removed the protector and tadaaah, its still there -.-

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BakuFunn said:
Is it like... Water? It looks like a screen protector bubble.
Lol that's what I thought at first too.
tongue.gif
As for the screen, send your DS to Nintendo or some other place to get it repaired or fixed. Unless you open up your DS and find out what is causing the problem.

acoustic.digital

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
crap...

QUOTE said:
1. Nintendo will, at its option and subject to the terms and conditions stated below, repair or replace free of charge this NINTENDO DS™ or any component part, which upon examination by Nintendo is found to be defective in materials, workmanship or manufacturing.
2. This Warranty shall not apply:
1. If the compliance label has been removed from the NINTENDO DS™ or the serial number or other details have been removed or rendered illegible.
2. If the NINTENDO DS™ is connected to any voltage other than shown on the compliance label or unapproved and unlicensed products are used with the NINTENDO DS™.
3. If the NINTENDO DS™ has been subjected to misuse, abuse, accident or want of care.
4. If the NINTENDO DS™ has been modified and/or tampered with.
5. If a repair has been made or attempted to the NINTENDO DS™ by the purchaser or their agent.
6. If the NINTENDO DS™ fails due to causes unrelated to defective materials, workmanship or manufacturing.
3. The following are not covered by this Warranty:
1. Broken/Damaged/Marked LCD display or Touch Screen;
2. Liquid/Moisture damage;
3. Wear and tear.

4. Nintendo does not accept any liability pursuant to this Warranty for any consequential damage or economic loss whether direct or indirect, to any person or property, arising from breakdown or failure of the NINTENDO DS™.
5. Nintendo's liability under the Warranty is limited to the lesser of the replacement cost or repair cost of the NINTENDO DS™.

any way to fix it myself? can you buy spare parts on ebay or is there a better way?

acoustic.digital

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thought so.
but how could such a thing just happen? i mean, its a normal day, normal weather, normal everything, but DS.. not normal. crap.

anyway. i'd be happy if somebody has any suggestions how to repair it. thanks : D

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It could just be the "liquid crystals" in side the LCD leaking , although that would should distort the image as well. You can buy both a screen and the touch screen replacements from dealextreme, for suprisingly cheap. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3259

Keep in mind that if you do decide to try to replace the part, it requires 'moderate technical skill' and you will need a tri-wing screwdriver (which you can also get from dealextreme) to take your DS apart.

EDIT: It could also be a mouisture problem, so you could try taking it apart to see what that strange bubble actually is.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
krazykirk said:
It could just be the "liquid crystals" in side the LCD leaking , although that would should distort the image as well. You can buy both a screen and the touch screen replacements from dealextreme, for suprisingly cheap. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3259

Keep in mind that if you do decide to try to replace the part, it requires 'moderate technical skill' and you will need a tri-wing screwdriver (which you can also get from dealextreme) to take your DS apart.

EDIT: It could also be a mouisture problem, so you could try taking it apart to see what that strange bubble actually is.

Although the lite is a bit harder to open up, if you know what you're doing you should be fine.
I suggest you look at a few tutorials on changing the case of a DSL if you really think you can open it up fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1