Weird issue with my hacked 5.01 switch.

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by hashcheck1, Sep 29, 2018.

1. hashcheck1
    OP

hashcheck1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2013
    i have a legit Switch for online. the other banned hacked Switch is on 5.01 Which restored from my nand backup and restored Via CTR
    the unit however always boots to rcm mode. I have turned off rcm and its comfirmed but it never sticks. it was running sx os With rcm Mode enabled Via that. the other issue with it is ever Since updating 6x Joycons Via legit Switch with firmware 6.0 the Joy cons Won't recognise the hacked Switch. any ideas

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Last edited by hashcheck1, Sep 29, 2018
  2. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Download briccmii and run it to see what it says

3. kkcheong

kkcheong GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2018
    Malaysia
    Autorcm is boot corruption so it's not good to use. Better burn fuse than face so many problem.

4. Milenko

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Seriously just stop, so many people use auto RCM and have no problems

5. kkcheong

kkcheong GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2018
    Malaysia
    But you face extra problem under certain circumstances. I rather have carefree life.

6. Milenko

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    That's great for you but don't make it out like it's such a dangerous thing to do

7. kkcheong

kkcheong GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2018
    Malaysia
    It is definitely not fun. Nintendo is supposed to be fun.

8. Sharinflan

Sharinflan

Jan 2, 2016
    Portugal
    What are you doing in a website which main objective is to mod consoles, then?

9. kkcheong

kkcheong GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2018
    Malaysia
    I thought we want to mod and forget.
    Are you saying we want to mod, face problem, restore Nand, charge slowly to fix autorcm, etc? I rather just mod and enjoy Nintendo. We are not developer. Only developer want to go through such painful stage of problem fixing.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Should I create a thread with the title "Painless mod for everyone else".
    Inside will put instructions on how to mod and forget.

10. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    I would actually be interested in reading that. :) We still miss a good, simple, thorough guide, like we had on Wii U.

11. kkcheong

kkcheong GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2018
    Malaysia
    Unfortunately I will just talk about sxos because that would be the most painless guide but I will get many hate for that. Lulz

12. hashcheck1
    OP

hashcheck1 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2013
    Tried bricmii and states all ok. Unbridled yet it still autorcms. All good still kinda works but confused why and why joycons don't work on banned system. They were prior to legit switch at 6.0 doing joycon updates. They switch may have mother board issues as been apart so much

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Last edited by hashcheck1, Sep 29, 2018
  13. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    The best guides for the Wii u werent the ones that popped up during the frenzy like the switch is going through. Many of the "best" guides incorrectly had people using rednand for months just because it was available. And just because they were written by the same people that wrote the 3ds guide people trusted them.

Good, easy to follow guides will show up on here as soon as things stabalize a bit.

Dust2dust likes this.
  14. Sharinflan

Sharinflan

Jan 2, 2016
    Portugal
    Never heard of anyone having problems with autoRCM tho. And even if there was a problem, restoring the NAND has nothing to do with it. Restoring the NAND is also super easy with hekate. And that battery problem only happens if you're not careful. The devs warn people that the shutdown from horizon just restarts to RCM. Hell, I bet you could even force the same problem in a non modded Switch by continuosly trying to power it on after it dies.
    The point is, if you prefer to pay for crippled but easy to use mods instead of more stable free ones, go ahead, but saying things like
    are no good, since it's just pure misinformation. What's funnier is that you tell people that it's better to burn fuses, when the devs say otherwise, since the less fuses you burn, the more you can revert and hopefully have an emunand. And fyi, you can fix the "boot corruption" with briccmii.

15. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    AutoRCM is relatively safe. If one wants to retain the ability to downgrade, AutoRCM is a very reasonable option.