Hacking Weird changes to DS

Max Spider X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night my DS fell from the desk, but everything seems to be in working order. Today while playing with R4, my system suddenly went all black and on the next restart, my user data in the DS was erased except the date and wifi settings. So input everything back in. But unlike before, now when I turn the system on with R4 inserted, it doesn't ask me to touch the screen during warning message anymore and booted to the R4 main menu 1 or 2 secods sooner than before. But without the R4, it would still ask me to touch the screen then went to the DS OS screen. What gives?

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heh, does it endlessly loop the settings even when it says set-up complete? If so, your DS is busted. Happened to my brothers and Nintendo replaced it.

Max Spider X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, the battery part makes sense. But I clearly remembered that I needed to touch the screen to get passed the warning screen before today.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't got my DS on me atm (sent to Nintendo), but I believe the R4 shows the warning screen, but skips it anyway (no touching it
ohmy.gif
)

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, the R4 has the "autoboot bit" set, it skips the warning screen automatically. Can't think of any reason why it would change behaviour, besides faulty memory (to err is human).

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 and SC.Lite. My DS is flashed with FlashMe, so it boots directly to the Slot-2 instead. If I un-flash it, will it boot to the R4 screen WITHOUT the warning?... or will it give the warning warning quickly and then load the R4 screen from there? I am thinking of un-flashing my DS because I am tired of having to always press the select button to boot to slot-1. thanks, and sorry if this is hijacking the original poster's topic, but i thought it was on the same lines as most of the replies here - thank you in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-