website copying gbatemp news

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You complain about websites that copy gbatemp news? This section is full of copied news from other sites and I bet noone has ever asked for permission to copy/paste news text from these sites. Text can also be copyrighted work.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
You complain about websites that copy gbatemp news? This section is full of copied news from other sites and I bet noone has ever asked for permission to copy/paste news text from these sites. Text can also be copyrighted work.

but this other site is almost claiming the news as their own. with no source or reference to gbatemp at all.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
free shoptemp advertisement
laugh.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wizerzak said:
WiiBricker said:

but this other site is almost claiming the news as their own. with no source or reference to gbatemp at all.
Because its webmaster is plain stupid. I know other sites with randomly copy/pasted news from different sources. Really, this is just stupidity.

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The dark umbra site that copied my wii emulator post and all it's images is hotlinking quite a few images from gbatemp. You can see this with a search on google.

But then again so are a lot of other people. gbatemp is such a big resource, I guess it's inevitable that it will be leeched.
Most if not all of the posts I read here show their source at least.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Terminator02 said:
but this site has ONLY gbatemp news posted, and doesn't ever credit gbatemp
Yes but what kind of person that is not stupid, posts a GBAtemp news with GBATEMP in the topic title? This is stupid.

Basically looks like an ad link-farm. The idea being that since the site contains some 'relevant' content then is can then sub-link to other things which you want to boost your SEO ratings. It's shady SEO stuff but not uncommon.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
we have been aware of this site for a short while. we think they are using an automatic script to gather the news because they link back to our site for discussion. its not just word for word, they use the same images, same links, some format, etc.

nothing much we can do about it except try to block that site, which right now isn't a top priority.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021