Hacking Web Browser (kind of) on the switch!

jakibaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've set up a custom dns which makes the switch think that your wifi has a "login-page" (like on some open wifi-hotspots) which makes your switch open a (very minimal) Web Browser with a simple website that just allows you to enter a link to go to it.

To use it just set your dns-settings to manual and your primary dns to 151.80.40.69 (thanks to svensonic1 for hosting this!). Press "Save" and
then "Connect to this network". It will say that registration is required to use this network and after pressing next it will open a webpage where you can enter what url you want to go to.

If you want to disable it just change your dns back to automatic and press save.

UPDATE: I removed my server (because I need it for something else) but sevensonc1s is still online!

UPDATE2: sevensonc1s server is down too.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    877.9 KB · Views: 5,798
Last edited by jakibaki,

jakibaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hax at very first day!

It's not really hacks (at least not in the way that this word is used in this place most of the time) but just abusing a feature (support for logging into weird wireless networks) for something that it wasn't meant to.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably not gonna work but I'm just gonna ask again, have you tried one of those online emulator sites on it? I'm talking NES / SNES / Genesis and stuff.

jakibaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can the eshop be accessed with this dns ? or stupid question ?

No you have to disable the custom dns when you want to use eshop again since the switch thinks that it's not connected to the internet with my dns.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Probably not gonna work but I'm just gonna ask again, have you tried one of those online emulator sites on it? I'm talking NES / SNES / Genesis and stuff.

It works! I can't get input to work but the rom boots!

Attachments

• pXvneljg.jpg
    pXvneljg.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,562

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Here you go!
huh, not bad for a login page. Interestingly, it supports some protocols that Firefox 51 (what I use) doesn't even support (namely audio/video track selection)
link to the result page if anyone's wondering: https://html5test.com/s/a9cdd634af5787c0.html
also, it scores about 100 points higher than the N3DS browser
(ok i'm done geeking out now)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

hcorion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

hcorion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could anybody run this: browserscope.org on their switch? It's a browser vulnerability tracker. From what I can tell the switch browser is a mixed bag, with all sorts of features removed or added but is mostly similar to safari 8.

Reactions: jakibaki

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Could anybody run this: browserscope.org on their switch? It's a browser vulnerability tracker. From what I can tell the switch browser is a mixed bag, with all sorts of features removed or added but is mostly similar to safari 8.
running give me a minute

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

websites down?

Reactions: jakibaki

jakibaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

done (http://www.browserscope.org/ is the right link for some reason your link didn't work for me)

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,337
Last edited by jakibaki,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over