Hacking WBFS to FAT?

stingray1059

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
288
Trophies
1
XP
433
Country
i have a new 500gb FAT hard drive and an old WBFS 250gb drive.

how can i transfer my games to the new harddrive without formatting to wbfs?
is there a folder name i should use?

im using CFG loader.
 

ByteMunch

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
444
Trophies
0
Age
28
Website
Visit site
XP
110
Country
Burton said:
The easiest way is to use Wii Backup Manager

LINK


@Sao Mortel

Your post was really helpful!! (not really)
QUOTE(Sao Mortel @ Oct 27 2010, 12:51 PM) /WBFS

He means that you need to put .wbfs files in X:\wbfs\
He just didn't convey that information in an understandable manner.
 

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
880
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
283
Country
SimpyDsi said:
Burton said:
The easiest way is to use Wii Backup Manager

LINK


@Sao Mortel

Your post was really helpful!! (not really)
QUOTE(Sao Mortel @ Oct 27 2010, 12:51 PM) /WBFS

He means that you need to put .wbfs files in X:\wbfs\
He just didn't convey that information in an understandable manner.

He just didn't convey that information in an understandable manner = not helpful (for a noob)

We should reply accordingly to the person asking.

A noob question a noob answer.
An advanced question an advanced answer (eg Wiimms Tools TOPIC)
 

stingray1059

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
288
Trophies
1
XP
433
Country
XFlak said:
use WiiBackupManager, it will automatically convert, compress and save the games exactly where they need to be on your harddrive.

i have a problem when i use wii backup manager, when i transfer the games from my wbfs hard drive to the FAT drive, it converts it to ISO. making all my games 4.6gb.

what setting should i use to transfer all my games automatically?
 

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
13,859
Trophies
3
Age
38
Location
Cyprus, originally from Toronto
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
9,887
Country
Cyprus
If its FAT32 it should be automatically splitting them and converting them to wbfs. And for the games to be >4GBs in size on the hard drive its impossible for it to be formatted as FAT32. Double check you're drive is formatted as fat32, it sounds like it is NTFS.

FYI, u can force transfers to NTFS to convert to wbfs files instead of iso files via its options, u can also force it to split the files on NTFS if >4GBs even though splitting is not required (but allows for easy file transfers from NTFS to FAT32)
 

stingray1059

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
288
Trophies
1
XP
433
Country
XFlak said:
If its FAT32 it should be automatically splitting them and converting them to wbfs. And for the games to be >4GBs in size on the hard drive its impossible for it to be formatted as FAT32. Double check you're drive is formatted as fat32, it sounds like it is NTFS.

FYI, u can force transfers to NTFS to convert to wbfs files instead of iso files via its options, u can also force it to split the files on NTFS if >4GBs even though splitting is not required (but allows for easy file transfers from NTFS to FAT32)

my bad its NTFS. after formatting to fat32, now its working. THANKS A LOT.

is it normal for the whole 250gb full of games to have a transfer rate of 6 hours to complete?
 

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
880
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
283
Country
stingray1059 said:
XFlak said:
If its FAT32 it should be automatically splitting them and converting them to wbfs. And for the games to be >4GBs in size on the hard drive its impossible for it to be formatted as FAT32. Double check you're drive is formatted as fat32, it sounds like it is NTFS.

FYI, u can force transfers to NTFS to convert to wbfs files instead of iso files via its options, u can also force it to split the files on NTFS if >4GBs even though splitting is not required (but allows for easy file transfers from NTFS to FAT32)

my bad its NTFS. after formatting to fat32, now its working. THANKS A LOT.

is it normal for the whole 250gb full of games to have a transfer rate of 6 hours to complete?

If I had a 250gb hdd full of games my pc would take about 4 hours to complete so I think the average is 3 to 6 hours to complete depending the pc speed and/or HDD Brand. (in this case using a 250gb hdd as a base, the bigger the hdd +more games on it the more time it will take)
 

koji2009

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
1,193
Trophies
0
XP
197
Country
United States
USB 2.0's max transfer speed is between 20-25MB/s... So 250GB = 2.84 hours assuming you're getting max speed, but generally most driver/controllers are going to average about 20MB/S which is closer to 3.6 hours.

So that's a little slow, but it's not uncommon. Unfortunately not much you can do about that unless you have a USB 3.0 drive and a 3.0 slot on your PC. Don't think USB3.0 drives are 2.0 compatible though.
 

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong