Ways to enable custom firmware on a PSP 1000?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Zarkz, Jan 27, 2009.

Jan 27, 2009
  1. Zarkz
    OP

Member Zarkz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I used to own a PSP 1000 sometime ago, which I somehow got custom firmware on. AT this point in time, I own a DS Lite, so I have forgotten all about psp hacking. A friend of mine wants me to put custom firmware on his PSP. WOuld someone be kind enough to list ways to do this?

THX in ADV, Zarkz

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    The best and easiest way is to use a Pandora battery and a MMS. There's other stuff like the Liberty City exploit and the Lumines hack, but Pandora is the best, easiest, and probably cheapest way.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    It's purely dependent upon the PSP 1000's current firmware. If he's been keeping up to date (well even a year behind!) a Pandora battery is the only way.

4. Rucario

Newcomer Rucario Member

Brazil
    Download Hellcat´s Recovery Flasher, Despertar del Cementério v8, and Sony OFICCIAL 5.00.PBP. A little search on goolge and you´ll find it. First of all, format your memory stick using windows, when formating is complete, remove the memory stick and then press circle. Put the ms in again and toogle usb connection. Create:
    ms0:
    -PSP/
    --GAME/
    --SYSTEM/
    Put Hellcat´s Recovery Flasher and Despertar del Cementério v8 into the GAME folder. Rename 5.00.PBP to 500.PBP and put it on the root of your memory stick. Run DCv8 to transform your MS into a Magic MS. Then run Hellcat´s Recovery Flasher and search for something like "Make battery a PANDORA one", enter it. Do what the program tells you. When you complete, put the MS and the Batery into the psp u wanna hack. It should power up, if not, turn it on mannualy HOLDING THE UP (or right, try both, one at time) DIRECTIONAL BUTTON, it should open the pandora menu, now just choose something like "INSTALL CFW 5.00M33-4" and wait until you it finish. Congratz, u hacked a PSP.

5. bfoos

Member bfoos GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Eh, he won't be able to do all of that on an OFW PSP without already having a Pandora set.

6. Rucario

Newcomer Rucario Member

Brazil
    Oh, I don´t saw the "used to own". Sorry.

7. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Yea, it purely depends on the firmware. I was luckily enough to find a pre-owned fat at a local game store, GREAT condition, and only at version 2.4. I didn't have to use a Pandora OR Liberty City Stories. I had to snag the HEN program, and i stumbled across a downgrader that i was able to use, and i'm currently at 5.00 m33-4 (w/out using any hardware or games).

So if you'd like to fill us in a bit more of his current PSP, a few of us would be more than happy to help [​IMG]

8. Zarkz
    OP

Member Zarkz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    k, thx, havent seen him in a few days, so I dont know his fw, ill let u all know when I find out