Gaming Ways to enable custom firmware on a PSP 1000?

Zarkz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to own a PSP 1000 sometime ago, which I somehow got custom firmware on. AT this point in time, I own a DS Lite, so I have forgotten all about psp hacking. A friend of mine wants me to put custom firmware on his PSP. WOuld someone be kind enough to list ways to do this?

THX in ADV, Zarkz

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
The best and easiest way is to use a Pandora battery and a MMS. There's other stuff like the Liberty City exploit and the Lumines hack, but Pandora is the best, easiest, and probably cheapest way.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's purely dependent upon the PSP 1000's current firmware. If he's been keeping up to date (well even a year behind!) a Pandora battery is the only way.

Rucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Download Hellcat´s Recovery Flasher, Despertar del Cementério v8, and Sony OFICCIAL 5.00.PBP. A little search on goolge and you´ll find it. First of all, format your memory stick using windows, when formating is complete, remove the memory stick and then press circle. Put the ms in again and toogle usb connection. Create:
ms0:
-PSP/
--GAME/
--SYSTEM/
Put Hellcat´s Recovery Flasher and Despertar del Cementério v8 into the GAME folder. Rename 5.00.PBP to 500.PBP and put it on the root of your memory stick. Run DCv8 to transform your MS into a Magic MS. Then run Hellcat´s Recovery Flasher and search for something like "Make battery a PANDORA one", enter it. Do what the program tells you. When you complete, put the MS and the Batery into the psp u wanna hack. It should power up, if not, turn it on mannualy HOLDING THE UP (or right, try both, one at time) DIRECTIONAL BUTTON, it should open the pandora menu, now just choose something like "INSTALL CFW 5.00M33-4" and wait until you it finish. Congratz, u hacked a PSP.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, it purely depends on the firmware. I was luckily enough to find a pre-owned fat at a local game store, GREAT condition, and only at version 2.4. I didn't have to use a Pandora OR Liberty City Stories. I had to snag the HEN program, and i stumbled across a downgrader that i was able to use, and i'm currently at 5.00 m33-4 (w/out using any hardware or games).

So if you'd like to fill us in a bit more of his current PSP, a few of us would be more than happy to help
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it