Was the 1969 moon landing faked?

• Total voters

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is one thing that has always bothered me. We were fighting tooth and nail against the USSR at the time, which posses one simple thought from me. If we faked it, why didn't the USSR weigh in on that? Think about it for a second, they could have easily proven it was faked and exposed the US and NASA as frauds, that would have been an even bigger victory for the USSR than landing a man on the moon. But they never said anything about it and that seriously bothers me. Real or fake, the fact that the USSR remained so quiet on the topic has always been a concern to me.

Reactions: RevPokemon

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is one thing that has always bothered me. We were fighting tooth and nail against the USSR at the time, which posses one simple thought from me. If we faked it, why didn't the USSR weigh in on that? Think about it for a second, they could have easily proven it was faked and exposed the US and NASA as frauds, that would have been an even bigger victory for the USSR than landing a man on the moon. But they never said anything about it and that seriously bothers me. Real or fake, the fact that the USSR remained so quiet on the topic has always been a concern to me.
Its all part of the conspiracy. The USSR was in on it to. They were secretly NASA's greatest ally. It was all part of their plan to take over our minds. Don't believe what anyone tells you. Everything is a lie.

Reactions: Veho

Feeling it!

Pure Logical Feels.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flag waved to the sides which of course was not natural and it was not gravity......otherwise it would of been going up and down.
there was 1 star in the sky...........that by itself no matter the angle can never be explained if it was 1 it would of been alot or 0

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wasn't there an episode of Mythbusters where they shone lasers at a retro-reflector the Apollo guys left up there and got some laser back, thus proving that there's a retro-reflector on the moon?

Not that I'm saying Mythbusters is a reputable source, just saying that if a reputable source were to conduct the same test (I'm sure someone has) it'd be pretty definitive.

Reactions: The Catboy

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it was a hoax. However, I don't consider "stupid" or "retarded" those people who think otherwise, because there are a few odd points:

- The flag waves
- The USA would have done anything to surpass Russia in the 60s

It's not the first time a government would lie to its people. I personally don't think it's the case, but I don't think the people who think it's a hoax are at the same level as those who say that Bush did 9/11 or that the Holocaust never happened.

Reactions: McWhiters9511

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it was a hoax. However, I don't consider "stupid" or "retarded" those people who think otherwise, because there are a few odd points:

- The flag waves

It's not the first time a government would lie to its people. I personally don't think it's the case, but I don't think the people who think it's a hoax are at the same level as those who say that Bush did 9/11 or that the Holocaust never happened.
Obviously the Holocaust happened. But I'm not too sure that Bush didn't have something to do with 9/11. The are seeming connections that haven't been fully resolved. And obviously, it wouldn't be the first time a government orchestrated an attack on its own citizens to gain favor for a war. You have to remember, the us wanted to invade middle eastern countries for years before this event, but failed to do so as they couldn't get the go ahead to do so. I'm not saying bush did. I'm saying there is the possibility he, and others, had a part to play in it.

Edit, also bush was extremely worried about being tried for treason and war crimes after his term, you have to ask yourself, why?

Last edited by WeedZ,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

- The flag waves

The flag waving isn't weird.

https://www.quora.com/Since-there-i...lapping-in-pictures-of-the-first-Moon-landing

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
talking with a friend, we just noticed one thing
a lot of USA "old achievements" came form stuff they don't really made.
Like, the light bulb hat was a thing that someone else created, but all credit went to Thomas Edson, that "just" made a big improvement of it, if you look for the history you can see all this info, but as I remind seeing american cartoons, they teach that just like he did everything lol .
Other this was the Wright brothers, that USA gives all te credit for the aviation stuff, the truth is that they just had an airplane that could fly with external propulsion, while Santos Dumont make one that could get out the floor by itself, was documented and televised... them they come " we did it first lol, that nobody saw before, showed something without this important feature and get all te credit xD
And then, nobody knew about going to space actually, but just afer someone on the " rival countries" did something , they sudden come going to the moon with less technology than a snes? Not that I don't believe this at all, but today, with more technology we don't have more photos or televised records of new expeditions, online lives or even being more accessible to everybody doing it ...
I mean , light bulbs and plane aren't there for everyone on the start, production where limited, wasn't cheap , but stuff evolved, made it very common, very more accessible and safe, today we have lighbulbs that cost almost nothing and light forever, planes are safer and technically more accessible, but going to the moon we don't have any more "popular" , even the other times people went there , where's more photos or videos? are they even still going there to explore today ? why we know less of what are going today than the first time they went there ?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'd have to be braindead to think the moon landing was fake.
Everything points to it being real, and any time any conspiracy theorist brings up a point to try and argue it, they get immediately crushed by facts.

Last edited by Hells Malice, , Reason: typos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong