Hacking Warning to people with latest firware!

borley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i have read a fair few posts on here saying that long as you have the latest fimware such as 2.2E which i have you shouldn`t have problems with bricking. My problem was that brickblocker gives me an error on my pc so i thought well i have the latest firmware so it shouldn`t cause much of a problem.
Well i was wrong i tred Trauma Centre and the screen went black and locked up, i thought fine i`ts just not compatible.
Rebooted the wii tried a backup of Res Evil 4, and the drive went crazy it wouldn`t read it!
So i thought oh no tried an original wii sports it booted but took ages to get to the controller screen then worked.
I tried it agian but this time it was normal no long wait for the controller screen to come up.
I tried another backup of Res Evil and it also took a while for the controller screen to come up but once agin after it had loaded once the 2nd time the controller came up as normal, strange.
But my main problem is that my internet setting with the opera browser have gone haywire my favourites keep comong up withh error on page or something, i even reentered the password in settings and on occcasions i can get onto ggogle and it says i have found a connection then i get errors!
Anyone know how to fix this, this has all happend since i tried the (u) version of Trauma sentere ona PAL wi11 with a winja v2 modchip.
So don`t rely on having the latest update, also any suggestions on getting my settings back to normal would be grateful.
Thanks
Borley
wacko.gif

wiiza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
your right i dont think the software you were trying to run is compatible with PAL systems even with region free enabled

sounds like its just bricked your settings, at least its not a full brick! could have been worse! lol you need to keep trying new PAL stuff to find one with a later update this should then overwrite the new U one you have installed
you wanna try and get brickblocker up and running, you need to install .NET 2.0 or later for it to run if you havent already

borley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi thanks for the reply but my update is still the latest one 2.2E, but my net settings are still not working which is weird, also if i do get it working again does anybody know if you have paid for items as i bought the net browser, if you format your drive can you download them again without paying for them.
As you can do this on xbox live but i`m not sure about the Wii.
Thanks
Borley

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7