lurked

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
We all know it is a fake since it has the Micro SD Card Slot on the top when it should be on the side.
what? that is NOT true look here. The real one has the card slot in the top. You scared me half to death making me think i had a fake m3. Maybe you have a fake m3 if you say that the card is inserted at the side.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lurked said:
Splych said:
We all know it is a fake since it has the Micro SD Card Slot on the top when it should be on the side.
what? that is NOT true look here. The real one has the card slot in the top. You scared me half to death making me think i had a fake m3. Maybe you have a fake m3 if you say that the card is inserted at the side.
The side loading microsd slot is a new model of the M3.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fortunately, for those of us who LOOK before we buy, it says right in the name www.m3adaptes.com. If buyers do any reading before they buy, or if they watch reviews on YouTube (mine, for example, clearly states how you can avoid getting a fake) then they will know how to avoid this sort of thing. But for those who don't do their homework, well it's their own fault if they get screwed over.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
Splych said:
Good job for pointing this out. We all know it is a fake since it has the Micro SD Card Slot on the top when it should be on the side.
Not necessarily. It's fake because of the URL on the label of the flashcart is www.m3adaptes.com. A real cart would say www.m3adapter.com.

Your right, also at the official site has even announced the fake M3 Cards on the News & Events section(click the link). So yeah, it's fake, came across it a while ago XP

EDIT: Also the fake ones have a border line on there sticker like a normal DS game. The official M3 doesn't

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Skyline969 said:
Fortunately, for those of us who LOOK before we buy, it says right in the name www.m3adaptes.com. If buyers do any reading before they buy, or if they watch reviews on YouTube (mine, for example, clearly states how you can avoid getting a fake) then they will know how to avoid this sort of thing. But for those who don't do their homework, well it's their own fault if they get screwed over.
not only that, first line in the description states:
m3adaptes.com M3DS (note the difference from m3adapter)

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Good job for pointing this out. We all know it is a fake since it has the Micro SD Card Slot on the top when it should be on the side.

On old ones it loads on top

It would have been more amusing if they mispelled real, it could be the m3 reel

Ballistic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I whole-heartedly agree. With awesome flashcart at prices they are nowadays (Acekard!!), I don't see why M3 Real isn't joining the club. Oh well, I'll be the conformist eventually :[

duckysd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Splych said:

Not true, my m3 sakura is not side slot, but it works with all firmware, and says "www.m3adapter.com"

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Where the slot is isn't what determines if the card is fake or not. What determines if it's fake or not is how it's attached together and the link on the box/sticker. The fake M3 Reals are attached together differently than the real ones. The real ones have clips on the sides, and from what I've seen the fake ones don't or they have different-looking clips. Also, the link on the box and the card's sticker must say www.m3adapter.com. If it says www.m3adaptes.com or www.m3adaptador.com then they're the fakes. Also, one giveaway (although I don't think it's on all the fakes' boxes) is if it has a starburst design sticker that says "NEW" on it. Bingo - fake.

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like DX has called it out clearly enough as an m3adaptes version - it think this is the result of DX stocking up before they knew they were getting fakes, and now they need to move that stock to recoup their loss. So they sell it cheap to make it worth while to the buyers, meanwhile they get at least some of their money back.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Styles420 said:
It seems like DX has called it out clearly enough as an m3adaptes version - it think this is the result of DX stocking up before they knew they were getting fakes, and now they need to move that stock to recoup their loss. So they sell it cheap to make it worth while to the buyers, meanwhile they get at least some of their money back.
More than likely this is the case. But you gotta hand it to DX to state they're fakes; at least they're not passing them off as real M3 Reals and pissing off their customers. My respect for DX has increased because of this, as they aren't afraid to point out such details as this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn