Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

Rony-ko

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
gostaria de saber se mesmo ao atualisar meu xbox360, corro o risco de ser banido?
ph34r.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Rony-ko said:
gostaria de saber se mesmo ao atualisar meu xbox360, corro o risco de ser banido?
ph34r.gif

This is an english speaking forum. Yes, you will be banned if you already have your Xbox 360 flashed. If you don't, wait until Xtreme Lite edition comes out.

QUOTE(XXLANCEXX @ Nov 13 2009, 05:50 PM) Ok U guys Let me tell u the truth about the ban hammer At Microsoft Headquarters
Its all on how microsoft feels, At their headquarters they have a button
that controls your xbox live on your console if they push that button your
banned, they do this every year before christmas to make u go out and buy
another Xbox 360. Its all about profits
That is why Microsofts making money and loosing players to the PS3
sorry but I Had to tell u guys so u can stop assuming on how your Xbox 360 got banned
P.S They are New Drives on the Xbox 360 this christmas so you cant mod it anymore
so dont waste your money on a new xbox 360 go get a ps3 slim its better quieter and a
energy save and sorry to burts u microsoft fans
mad.gif
and you worship to the 360 but your Xbox 360 games are Rushed and half done
cry.gif
while ps3 games have more stuff and not rushed and fully completed
yay.gif

Do The Math

Xbox 360 Games
7.49GIGs worth of game play
RROD Every DANG YEAR
XBOX LIVE 49.99 a month
Xbox Live Lags Too DAMN Much
hate2.gif

PS3 Games
50GIGS Worth of Gameplay
NO RROD OR PROBLEMS
PSN FREE
PS3 Online No Lag
yay.gif

So Do the The Math
I Own Both So I Give The Buy To The PS3

SORRY HAD TO DO IT
lecture.gif

Oh look a fanboy. Grow up.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue Zoidberg said:
Wow, even I've been banned.
That's kinda pointless of M$, least I won't have to see the ads anymore.

I'm going to guess it was because I had a burned game disc in during xbox start up. Spent several weeks without a ban and that is the only factor that changed.

Apparently, it doesn't matter how you burn the disc. The firmware is detectable. c4eva pretty much confirmed that by stating the new LT firmware is set to be undetectable by making minimal changes to make it indistinguishable from the original firmwares.

Basically, every firmware out right now will flag your Xbox 360. If you haven't been banned yet, it's just a matter of time.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What'up Fast! It seems like it has been ages!

Well just to throw my 2 cents in here,
My modded Lite-on series 7 was banned, I never play games early and 80% of the games I play were backed up by me.
My modded BenQ is alive and kicking but giving me the error on the repair site.

Scored me a 360 arcade with a born on date of June 2009 this weekend with 384 of onboard memory. I am assuming this has a series 8 in it. This means I don't need my probe but does anyone know if I need to do the half open trick still?

Actually maybe if someone could message me a link to a dos based tutorial on flashing a lite-on 8 series it would hugely be appreciated.

Oh yea and Hello to everyone else I haven't talked to in ages!

Blue Zoidberg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
Apparently, it doesn't matter how you burn the disc. The firmware is detectable. c4eva pretty much confirmed that by stating the new LT firmware is set to be undetectable by making minimal changes to make it indistinguishable from the original firmwares.
Basically, every firmware out right now will flag your Xbox 360. If you haven't been banned yet, it's just a matter of time.

Well that's positive news, maybe next someone can figure out how to access the codex for avi movies without going online next, that's the only thing I actually need
rolleyes.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dos based then.

Dosflash (including dosflash16) was updated with support for the 8 series decryption, it was actually one of the first to do it even and there are a handful of standalone command line (not sure it dos mode though).
Commands should be in the NFO but
"Use the following command line to extract your free key from 83850C:
- DosFlash LITEON K 0970 1 inquiry.bin identify.bin key.bin dummy.bin enckey.bin"

Other than that it is standard games.

I have to ask though: why not jungleflasher or dosflash32? I was/am as big a fan of dos based flashing as it comes but even I moved to jungleflasher or dosflash32. If it is sata drivers say no more.

Half open is still needed though.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FAST6191 said:
Dos based then.

Dosflash (including dosflash16) was updated with support for the 8 series decryption, it was actually one of the first to do it even and there are a handful of standalone command line (not sure it dos mode though).
- DosFlash LITEON K 0970 1 inquiry.bin identify.bin key.bin dummy.bin enckey.bin"

I have to ask though: why not jungleflasher or dosflash32? I was/am as big a fan of dos based flashing as it comes but even I moved to jungleflasher or dosflash32. If it is sata drivers say no more.

I think you're replying to the wrong thread.

Are you replying to "Dumping a lite on"?

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
martin88 said:
FAST6191 said:
Dos based then.

I think you're replying to the wrong thread.

Are you replying to "Dumping a lite on"?

No he has the right topic, he was replying to WeaponXxx

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arghe ye got me Microsoft!

So just went to go watch some Netflix, and got welcomed to a "Your counsel has been banned..." I guess either my discs were not fully stealth even though abgx360 said I was all in the clear. Meh, I didn't use Live all that much, and Netflix is on PS3 now, so, it don't matter too much to me, now I can be as careless as I want. Just makes me angry that abgx360 said it was all good for every game I have, and iXtreme 1.6 has never had the activator disc ran once.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blue Zoidberg said:
Wow, even I've been banned.
That's kinda pointless of M$, least I won't have to see the ads anymore.

I'm going to guess it was because I had a burned game disc in during xbox start up. Spent several weeks without a ban and that is the only factor that changed.

So in theory if i just go onto the dashboard, i should be "safe"

As in every time i want to play a game ill just unplug the cable ?

Bottom Line: I have that error 54420, and so on, and i know that MS found a way to detect firmware, but yet again like i said, i wont be doing any online gaming, just some online browsing, so should i be fine? i know its all about risk, but has anyone still not been banned yet.

And do the bannings usually stop at the beginning of updates?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Guys, what's so hard to understand about this?

IF YOU CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE AT ALL, REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU ARE IN THE MENU OR WHAT IS IN YOUR DVD DRIVE, YOU ARE AT A HUGE RISK OF GETTING BANNED.

This is a message to everyone: Do NOT try to look for ways to get online or "loopholes". It's as simple as the following: If you sign in to Xbox Live at all, you will probably get banned. I say "probably" because there's a chance that you may not get banned immediately when you connect. However, if you keep testing your luck, I can say with certainty that you WILL get banned.

The best thing you can do is remain offline until iXtreme LT is released. (However, even when that happens, there will probably still be a huge chance of you getting banned if you have already been flagged)

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this question was answered before but i didn't feel like reading 30 pages. I just got banned and i'm wondering if everything i've downloaded to my harddrive, like actually bought (rock band songs, games etc.) will work on an unbanned console? Like if it's safe to play on an unbanned console with my harddrive.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Digeman said:
Sorry if this question was answered before but i didn't feel like reading 30 pages. I just got banned and i'm wondering if everything i've downloaded to my harddrive, like actually bought (rock band songs, games etc.) will work on an unbanned console? Like if it's safe to play on an unbanned console with my harddrive.
As far as I know, yes. However, now that you've been banned, if you move your HDD over to an unbanned console, your game saves will be corrupted, along with any achievements you unlocked after the ban.

luisrodl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
Digeman said:
As far as I know, yes. However, now that you've been banned, if you move your HDD over to an unbanned console, your game saves will be corrupted, along with any achievements you unlocked after the ban.

Thanks for all the information everyone has provided here. I have searched the forum and cannot find a the answer to a question I have. As War answered if I put my hard drive in another XBOX that is unbanned the saves and achievements get corrupted. But does that corruption happen only on the unbanned console or will my saves be corrupted when I put my hard drive back in my banned console? Can I access my saves in the banned console even if they are corrupted in the unbanned one?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
War said:
Guys, what's so hard to understand about this?

IF YOU CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE AT ALL, REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU ARE IN THE MENU OR WHAT IS IN YOUR DVD DRIVE, YOU ARE AT A HUGE RISK OF GETTING BANNED.

This is a message to everyone: Do NOT try to look for ways to get online or "loopholes". It's as simple as the following: If you sign in to Xbox Live at all, you will probably get banned. I say "probably" because there's a chance that you may not get banned immediately when you connect. However, if you keep testing your luck, I can say with certainty that you WILL get banned.

The best thing you can do is remain offline until iXtreme LT is released. (However, even when that happens, there will probably still be a huge chance of you getting banned if you have already been flagged)

Pretty much the answer i knew i was gonna get.

Then ok, now ban wave is still in session, any rumors when it will stop, by the looks of things it will just keep going
unsure.gif

Just out of interest, how did the majority get banned here, one or few posts suggest some got banned from playing MW2 online... you guys have hearts of steel for doing that
tongue.gif

Any other, non MW2 i.e game related bans ?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
luisrodl said:
War said:
Digeman said:

Thanks for all the information everyone has provided here. I have searched the forum and cannot find a the answer to a question I have. As War answered if I put my hard drive in another XBOX that is unbanned the saves and achievements get corrupted. But does that corruption happen only on the unbanned console or will my saves be corrupted when I put my hard drive back in my banned console? Can I access my saves in the banned console even if they are corrupted in the unbanned one?

The banned console can access the saves fine. They only show up as corrupted on an unbanned console.

popopola

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe it's the xbl october update that has given microsoft the ability to detect modded firmwares.

And since many of us updated and didn't know the consequences, whoever hasn't been banned yet is most likely flagged.

Basically, I think that if you updated in october with a modded xbox it won't matter if you stay offline from xbl. You are most likely flagged and will most likely get banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: