WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by War, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    popopola - wasn't taht update for Wireless N compatibility for people that use the wifi rip-off thing?

As a side note, will achievements still be unlockable on new games that i may play on banned consoles?

2. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    @Maz7006: Yeah, you can still get achievements on a banned console.

As to your ban wave question, I don't think it will stop. I think FAST said this a little earlier in the thread... at this point, we're not facing the ban wave anymore. Microsoft has figured out how to detect the iXtreme firmware... so even if the ban wave "stops", people will still continue to get banned at the same rate. As I've said before, the only course of action at the moment is to stay away from Xbox Live and wait for iXtreme LT.

3. Neko

Neko Been a while.

Dec 5, 2006
    Gambia, The
    #gbatemp.net
    Seeing as I haven't received the ban message just yet, I am hoping that not using the 360 until I flashed it with iXtreme LT will help me to avoid a ban. I just bought 13 months of gold a few months ago and I can'T afford another 360. [​IMG]

4. soulfire

soulfire gear... secando

Sep 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    rotterdam
    i have a question

the nme v2

can that one be cought by microsoft ?

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Wow someone still uses a chip....

Despite being one of the better chips I have seen for the 360 you still have a hacked firmware (it is just not onboard) and that is what counts it seems. More importantly that chip uses a custom firmware hack rather than the iextreme one and as such appears to lack all the safety features.

Others reading: ignore 360 dvd drive chips, they are not your friends.

6. soulfire

soulfire gear... secando

Sep 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    rotterdam
    so what is the best way of hacking then :S

i bought a xbox yesterday and i am clueless what to do or where to start.

i just heard the nme can go in assasin mode [​IMG]

please help me

7. olliepop2000

olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2009
    North West UK
    You are best waiting a few months, you have come onto the xbox 360 hacking scene at the worst possible time.

8. soulfire

soulfire gear... secando

Sep 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    rotterdam
    you are scaring me

tell me why ?

9. olliepop2000

olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2009
    North West UK
    have you not been following this thread? [​IMG]

Edit:
    What's the manufacturer date of the console? You may have an unhackable Liteon.
    M$ can 100% detect the ixtreme so if you have got a hackable drive and you want to try the ix LT f/w and are willing to take the risk just have to wait for it to be released by c4eva.

10. soulfire

soulfire gear... secando

Sep 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    rotterdam
    not every thing

all i know that there is a ban wave and if your xbox is modded you should not go online

edit:

i have a xbox supersized pack with lots of goodies [​IMG]

idk the manufactering date :S

11. olliepop2000

olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2009
    North West UK
    I wouldn't flash the drive yet anyway you need to wait for the new firmware anyways even if you aren't going on live yet so you can play the wave 4 games properly.
    Check the back of the console where the serial sticker is it will say MFR date.

12. soulfire

soulfire gear... secando

Sep 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    rotterdam
    what new firmware ?

what is flashing ?

and the back says 2009-03-01

13. luisrodl

luisrodl Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2007
    Puerto Rico
    Thank you very much for the answer Armadillo.

14. olliepop2000

olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2009
    North West UK
    Flashing is where you use something like Jungleflasher to extract the secret key from the drive and merge it with the new ixtreme LT firmware whenever it comes out, then writing it to the dvd drive enabling backups to be played. You will need a TTL probe extractor kit. Use the search.

15. soulfire

soulfire gear... secando

Sep 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    rotterdam
    thank you for all your help

and one last question

this flashing way

can you be still banned for that ?

16. olliepop2000

olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2009
    North West UK
    soulfire yes currently you WILL be banned, that is why I said don't bother until the new firmware is out so you may have wait a few months? I have just bought a new xbox and I am not flashing this at all and using my banned ones for testing what I may want to buy.
    Edit:
    My profile picture is an example of a bought extractor probe actually in use!
    Just noticed this thread similar question answered.

17. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    soulfire, you should make a new thread and ask all those questions in there.

18. Salamantis

Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 20, 2007
    Canada
    Or search for one of the already abundant "how to flash" threads.

19. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Reading xboxhacker just now http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=12831.20 second post down, obviously it is just a post on a forum but I have no reason to doubt it.

Turns out my pet theory was confirmed: a restored pre ban nand backup will still see you banned again as expected (we already know you need to replace the entire keyvault) but this time hard drive installs apparently still work even after the ban is "restored" (this may not be futureproof but it is better than nothing).
    Those "hiding" offline for a few days might be interested in such a thing, I might even give it a go myself (my console never has any more than "local" network access and hard drive installs I do not do, I have not been careful either), alas I messed up and caught an update when I was not paying attention one time (swapping drives to try and make a system link game work) so I now lack the ability to investigate more in depth but I do have a hopefully unbanned RROD 360 I got working for a few minutes the other week that I know is an old kernel.

I also saw the large NAND Jasper boards have fallen on xbox scene frontpage so now most people (everyone?) should be able to backup their nand. If you can drum up a parallel port the cost is nothing much at all (USB exists but you will need to be able to play electronics and fork out a fair bit of cash if you do go this route).

20. darkbillie

darkbillie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    and here is another one who has been banned...me...heheh

nou i bought a new xbox and the fabrication date is 2009-04-23....so i guess that would be an hackable liteon...if im correct (not in the mood to open the xbox for nothing)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted