Gaming WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
War said:
@Maz7006: Yeah, you can still get achievements on a banned console.

As to your ban wave question, I don't think it will stop. I think FAST said this a little earlier in the thread... at this point, we're not facing the ban wave anymore. Microsoft has figured out how to detect the iXtreme firmware... so even if the ban wave "stops", people will still continue to get banned at the same rate. As I've said before, the only course of action at the moment is to stay away from Xbox Live and wait for iXtreme LT.

Thanks for putting up with all my questions, seems like ill just have to forget about live completely, i wouldn't want to waste my 120GB for nothing :/

Either way, i still see that MW2, Forza 3, Borderlands, i.e. the new games got us this time, it seems that MS just finally bothered to do something about it, like they always due before the holidays.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thankfully I haven't been banned yet. After reading all these posts I'm going to stay off live until some new firmware is out.

Going through xbox.com repair section, my console still states it's in warranty also.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Reading xboxhacker just now http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=12831.20 second post down, obviously it is just a post on a forum but I have no reason to doubt it.

Turns out my pet theory was confirmed: a restored pre ban nand backup will still see you banned again as expected (we already know you need to replace the entire keyvault) but this time hard drive installs apparently still work even after the ban is "restored" (this may not be futureproof but it is better than nothing).
Those "hiding" offline for a few days might be interested in such a thing, I might even give it a go myself (my console never has any more than "local" network access and hard drive installs I do not do, I have not been careful either), alas I messed up and caught an update when I was not paying attention one time (swapping drives to try and make a system link game work) so I now lack the ability to investigate more in depth but I do have a hopefully unbanned RROD 360 I got working for a few minutes the other week that I know is an old kernel.

I also saw the large NAND Jasper boards have fallen on xbox scene frontpage so now most people (everyone?) should be able to backup their nand. If you can drum up a parallel port the cost is nothing much at all (USB exists but you will need to be able to play electronics and fork out a fair bit of cash if you do go this route).
If you have been flagged for a ban and have not had it yet, if you do this trick you will retain the HDD install function when m$ hit you with the banhammer. Do this is if you haven't been able to get a NAND dump as required above.
NAND write protect hack

Source

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
since microsoft email you when u activate live, do they email you when your banned?
no, they just send a message to the system every time you try to login with a internet connection

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edhel said:
Thankfully I haven't been banned yet. After reading all these posts I'm going to stay off live until some new firmware is out.

Going through xbox.com repair section, my console still states it's in warranty also.

When you request a repair, are you getting an error?

QUOTE(jaxxster @ Nov 16 2009, 10:39 PM) LEts hope now that someday dlc will get cracked. That'd suit me just nicely

Indeed.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maz7006 said:
Edhel said:

When I request a repair it asks me to describe the problem type and also to fill in my name and address. I haven't gone any further then that.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got hit by the hammer. Time to get some thermal paste and spacers for my rrod'd console and wait for Lite Touch!!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I was at GameStop the other day and listened to a customer's questions about Microsoft's banning of modded X-Box 360s. The worker tried to explain that this banning was for those people that hacked their X-Box 360. The customer was worried that if her child downloaded any kind of content through the X-Box 360 that this might constitute a reason for a banning for her son's system. She was confused, so she decided to purchase a PS3 instead. I was told by the manager at that GameStop that this was not an isolated incident. They had received over 50 calls that day about the banning.

What Microsoft appears to have forgotten by earmarking this time of year for the banning of modded X-Box 360s is that most of the systems that are purchased this time of year is by parents and grandparents. The game systems that are purchased this time of year are usually done by those that do not have a firm grasp on the industry. Simply put, the systems are usually purchased by people that are fairly clueless about video games.

Full story

Looks like Microsoft chose the wrong time to do the ban wave. lol

vjgbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banned. dammit.

I hadn't even powered on my console since 1st oct, turned it on today with no cd in the tray and still got banned :/

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edhel said:
Maz7006 said:
Edhel said:

When I request a repair it asks me to describe the problem type and also to fill in my name and address. I haven't gone any further then that.

Lucky, your still safe
frown.gif
unlike me.

Technically im banned, anyone interested in a 54420'd Elite ?
smileipb2.png

Denida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
deathfisaro said:
600k number solely came from North America, same goes for 1mil target stuff.
It would be something like double~triple of NA banned numbers worldwide.
Yea, alot of bans have happened since they announced that it was the number they were "aiming for", so am sure number is higher than a mill...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, always has been