WARNING: Ban wave has started, STAY AWAY FROM LIVE!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by War, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    The Lost and the Damned,, but it's such an extensive and complex process

As a side note, it seems that things are much more calm when it started off (maybe its because EVERYONE got banned) [​IMG], but still people are getting banned, damn, i wanted to try last.fm so much [​IMG]

As it seems, people that knew that they were flaggged, i.e. the 54420 error had some time on live before getting banned. When your flagged, it means your somehow half way to your ban, the next time you do something wrong i.e. play a back up, MS can finally confirm your ban. In other words, waiting for this ixtreme LT stuff, or maybe possibly staying off live for a couple months could solve this issue.

2. sjones900

sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    Maybe if you saw if you were flagged, then you should flash back and play a legit game. Then laugh in their faces as they can't ban you now because you're running the official FW again the eventually the flag will come off.

3. Blue Zoidberg

Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    USA, that big island near Cuba
    Except for the fact that you've already broken the EULA and they'll ban your ass anyway it sounds like a great plan.
    I mean honestly, what are you going to do? Show up to Microsoft and say "hey look, I'm legit" and let them poke at your console's warranty sticker, hinges, &C?
    If you're flagged for a ban, they're gonna ban you. There's no one to stop them.

If M$ was even more clever, they'd monitor sites like this and ban people who talk about modding, especially those who use those cute little "check out my gamer tag" signatures ? [​IMG]

4. sjones900

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    If only...

If they were REALLY clever then... on second thought I'm afraid they might see what I would say and take it and use it as advice.

5. Fozzyhair

Fozzyhair Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2009
    [​IMG] I bet they wish they could do that, but they still have to catch you actually doing it

6. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    There have been people that reflashed their drives to go back to normal and still got banned. No one is safe.

7. Blue Zoidberg

Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    USA, that big island near Cuba
    It's not a wish, it's simply a lack of not doing it. They don't have to "catch you" doing anything. If they suspect you, they'll ban you and 99.98% of the time they'll be right.
    The system is designed so the burden of proof lies with the potential modder/pirate proving s/he didn't break the rules. The 0.02% of the time they get it wrong some simple amends package would be given out (free games/MS points).

8. Fozzyhair

Fozzyhair Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2009
    your saying M$ run a policy of guilty until your to proven innocent? [​IMG]

9. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    ^^ That.

I've decided to overlook live till the end, never really enjoyed it thanks to my internet, only benefited from the dashboard, the XBLA games themes etc.

Bye bye Live, i really still want my HDD functioning the way it should.

10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Just a quick post to mention team-xecuter's results that I had not seen before today:
    http://team-xecuter.com/xbox-live-some-test-results/

Long story short:
    Freshly (and I am guessing previously) modded without updates and updates allowed to happen spells a ban while a fully updated console modded after said updates not so much.

11. sjones900

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
    Hmm.. that's really interesting.. Well anyway I got my xbox back from repair, they gave me a lite-on 7xxxx series. It's going to stay unmodded till a) the ban wave is over and b) when lite touch comes out. So for now all I say is FUCK YOU MICROSOFT I beat your system! I got my banned console repaired! Ha!

-sorry I'm not usually this obnoxious...

12. sprogurt

sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2006
    XD i warned one of my friends about the ban wave and he claimed he was safe, i've been an owner of a xbox 360 for 3 weeks and now everytime i see him i shout "enjoy your ban!" nothing nore fun ^.^ would suck if it happened to me though XD

13. sjones900

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
  14. Omega_2

Omega_2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
  15. Rockman GFF

Rockman GFF GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2005
    United States
    If you have an Xbox that hasn't connected online to get Banned. Can you still Play Offline, get Achievements and Resync the Profile on a Non-Flashed Box?

Thanks in Advance.

16. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    MS protects it's games and partners by banning people who pirate their games from their online service. What on earth is wrong with that? They have a right to do that, it's right there in their ToS. Honestly, the people who are filing class action suits are idiots. Who cares when they ban them, the point is they modded their console and can be booted off Xbox Live as a result.

17. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    [​IMG] They broke the rules and got banned and now they want to sue, damn crazy people. Never understood the obsession with playing copies online anyway. With the original, most were perfectly happy to have one box for backups and another for online, yet with the 360 people want to play the backups online.

18. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    MS is a money hog. They should keep their mouth shut instead of trying to take down piracy. They make waaaay more money than they deserve.

19. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    Exactly, may sound really hypocritical with this, but pirates that do/did play backups online still paid for the live service (the majority that is). I really see this as a really bad move, its ironic that MS didn't take that into consideration when they banned consoles, mind you, i see a gamertag ban much worse, they should have just resorted to that IMO.

Yes, we violated the Terms of Use.
    Yes, Piracy is illegal.

But there was a much better way for MS going about this.

20. jaxxster

jaxxster The Heretic

Oct 31, 2006
    South East London
    By the way the law suit isnt alll against being banned! Its about not being refunded for your remaining time left on live

"If you are an Xbox Live subscriber, had your modified Xbox console banned from Xbox Live, were not refunded a prorated sum for the time left on your subscription or have experienced other problems as a result of being banned, and would like to participate in a class action against Microsoft, please submit your information below. "

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted